Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    php228 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2009, 07:18 PM
    Office cleaning
    I need help bidding on 2 cleaning contracts, 1st is 22,00 sq ft a total of 3 offices 2 common bathrooms and one vacant office 5 days per week general cleaning the other is 9948 sq ft and a total of 6 doctors office all with their own bathrooms please help
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2009, 09:21 PM
    Hi, php228!

I do know just the right Expert on this site who can advise you about what you're wanting to know and that's Stringer. He owns a very large cleaning/janitorial service in the Chicago, IL area. His advice is as good as gold and second to none!

I'll let him know about your question.

Also, how long have you been doing this kind of work for others in order to make a profit for yourself, and do you work alone?

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 19, 2009, 10:39 PM

22,000 sq ft, 2 offices (+ 1 vacant), 2 washrooms, 5 days/wk.

What type of flooring; carpet/hard floor or percentage of each. Besides vacuuming and or mopping do you have any other special floor work?

Not knowing the type of business and whether there is any additional walk in traffic and assuming that it is not medical, I would suggest full service can be priced between $.08 to $.10 per sq ft. Also assuming that the client will provide consumables; TP, PT, hand soaps, trash bags, etc. And without any special work i e stripping or carpet cleaning.

9,948 sq ft, medical, 6 offices, 6 washrooms. How many exam/treatment rooms? How many days per week, 6?

Assuming the same questions as above except this is medical (more intense cleaning) and no special floor work I suggest $/15 to $.19 per sq ft.

Are you responsible for bio waste removal? Are you to provide the PPE? Spill kits?

Please remember that in the final call you are responsible for your own pricing, this is only a suggestion.

Thanks for the 'call' Clough.

Stringer
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2009, 10:46 PM
    You're always welcome, Stringer!

I'm glad that you're around here!

Thanks!

Sep 20, 2009, 06:02 AM

No special floor work there are 3 sepated offices , vestibule with marble floor I am expected to provide cleaning supplies liners and tp pp etc

Sep 20, 2009, 06:10 AM
    #2 5 days per week

Tenant#1 4 exam rooms
    Tenant#2 3 exam rooms 3 bathrooms
    Tenant#3 2 exam rooms 1 bathroom
    Tenant#4 4 exam rooms 1 bathroom
    Tenant#5 hearing dr one audio booth

No special floor treatment mop and vacuum
    Tenant#6 3 exam rooms 1 bathroom

Only responsible for reg trash
    Business Expert

Sep 20, 2009, 11:06 AM

There are 6 different tenants in this 9,948 sq ft? So it is pretty dense? This could influence pricing...

Are both of these areas new buildings?

Pricing of consumables (TP, PT, etc) is usually at cost + 2-3% for handling. This is something that I usually try not to do, more of a pain in butt. We do provide an inventory and a suggested order to each client and they place and pay for the supplies.

Sep 22, 2009, 08:57 AM

Both are fairly new buildings the 1st has a marble vestibule and 90% would be vacuuming

The one with 6 offices is 90% vacuuming and only kitchen has to be mopped
    Essie717 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post

22,000 sq ft, 2 offices (+ 1 vacant), 2 washrooms, 5 days/wk.

What type of flooring; carpet/hard floor or percentage of each. Besides vacuuming and or mopping do you have any other special floor work?

Not knowing the type of business and whether there is any additional walk in traffic and assuming that it is not medical, I would suggest full service can be priced between $.08 to $.10 per sq ft. Also assuming that the client will provide consumables; TP, PT, hand soaps, trash bags, etc. And without any special work i e stripping or carpet cleaning.

9,948 sq ft, medical, 6 offices, 6 washrooms. How many exam/treatment rooms? How many days per week, 6?

Assuming the same questions as above except this is medical (more intense cleaning) and no special floor work I suggest $/15 to $.19 per sq ft.

Are you responsible for bio waste removal? Are you to provide the PPE? Spill kits?

Please remember that in the final call you are responsible for your own pricing, this is only a suggestion.

Thanks for the 'call' Clough.

Stringer

Stringer, would that price be base on monthly payment schedule?

Sep 24, 2009, 02:54 PM
    I did answer preivious questions
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2009, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Essie717 View Post
    Hi, Essie717!

Are you wanting separate information that might be about a business that you have?

Thanks!
    Business Expert

Sep 24, 2009, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Essie717 View Post
    Anytime that you figure the price on a square footage basis; total sq ft X the sq ft price, it is the monthly price. The only variances that apply would be the frequencies, densities, special occurrences, extra work, etc.
    Business Expert

Sep 24, 2009, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by php228 View Post
    i did answer preivious questions
    K, if you feel that I can help you, please restate your question and I will try.
    Business Expert

Sep 24, 2009, 03:05 PM

Clough... thanks again, I read what you wrote on the other thread.
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2009, 03:08 PM
    Hi, Stringer!

I closed the other thread concerning this. But, you'll see that anyway.

I've already indicated on the other thread that you're a major player in the world, in the type of industry about which php228 is inquiring. You're one of the best! I have no doubt about that!

I'm really glad that you're willing to give of your valuable time here to help others!

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2009, 03:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Clough.....thanks again, I read what you wrote on the other thread.
    You beat me... again!!
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2009, 03:10 PM
    So, php228!

Please ask away! I'm no expert on the pricing, but I do know how to get a business noticed!

Thanks!

Sep 24, 2009, 03:14 PM
    Sorry, maybe I didn't ask the question properly.. trying to get used to this site. The question was, when bidding per sq. ft. is that based on a mthly payment?
    Business Expert

Sep 24, 2009, 03:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    You beat me...again!!!!
    :)

Sep 24, 2009, 03:15 PM

Never mind... :-) disregard question..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Office Cleaning [ 3 Answers ]

What is a typical price per hour to charge for doing commercial office cleaning?

Cleaning office [ 5 Answers ]

I have started a office cleaning business but don't have any clients yet.I have put out fliers,set up my website and put business cards out.havent got any clients yet so what am I doing wrong or is it something else I need to do to get the traffic coming my way

Office cleaning bid [ 1 Answers ]

I live in ocean county nj I would like to know how to bid on a 7000 sqft bank 5 days a week

Office cleaning [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, How much is suppose to be the daily charge for an medical office with 15 examination rooms,5 bathrooms,10 private offices,5 specialexamination rooms,staff room with kitchen,storage,reception area,waiting area,approximately 6000 sq,f

Office cleaning [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I have residential and commercial cleaning service and carpet cleaning service 1 years and 6 months,I want to start now office cleaning,but how,I don't have any idea,please help me

View more questions Search