Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmaab Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2005, 09:37 AM
    Inducer motor not functioning consistently
    We have a Carrier 58 RAV downflow furnace. When the thermostat calls for heat the inducer functions inconsistently. Sometimes (though rarely) it functions completely normally, and the ignition sequence occurs properly. But most of the time it either cuts off in the middle of the purge period, or the purge period is normal and then the ignition sequence stops short, sometimes the inducer motor doesn't even start as it should.

When I run the component test the code does come up as a 31, but all the components turn on properly, including the inducer motor.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2005, 06:17 PM
    Go through and clean all the connections to the inducer motor, making sure they are all tight when you are done. Try to locate the relay while cleaning the connections. Relays are cheap and prone to working when they feel like it. If it is on a circuit board, it might be better to pay an arm and a leg for a new board. $$$$$$$$$$ With all the automatic controls, it is hard to check to see if the relay coil is energized, and if so, if power is reaching the fan.

After I paid $300 for a new board for my Bryant furnace, I hardwired a surge protector into the furnace power supply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inducer motor overheats (carrier brand furnance) [ 10 Answers ]

I replaced my inducer motor on my furnace due to the old one was bounding up. Now the new one runs find in low speed but once the furnace kicks into the second stage the inducer motor shuts down(in high speed) which I believe the thermal overload(built in) opens causing my furnace shut down. When...

Fan Motor [ 9 Answers ]

Anyone know where I can find a fan motor for wood stove It is a Englands motor #7021-4784 Type U21 1/60th hp?

Inline inducer [ 3 Answers ]

The room over my garage is the furthest room my furnace. It is colder in the winter and hotter I the summer than the res of the house. I am thinking of buying an inducer to boost air flow. Should I install the one with the heater as well? What happens in the summer with air conditioning? Where is...

Av not functioning [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I just tuned in my television it is a bush ak20 with a scart socket, using a universal remote. It changes the channels and volume but it won't change to av channel with the button that's on the remote and I can't play my playstation 2 with no av I'm going mad here people help!!

View more questions Search