Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roel Zylstra Posts: 84, Reputation: 14
    Tech entrepreneur, perpetual student,lover of life

Oct 11, 2006, 11:49 AM
    The Lounge 2
    This is the continuation of https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/member...nge-29979.html.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 11, 2006, 11:55 AM
    Here is a story about anxiety in the highest degree!!

Pretend you have to take a test that your career depends on. You are only given 1 1/2 hours for the test. Your instructor is 20 minutes late. She passes out a test with over 200 math problems on it, and there are 9 pages. The problems are in no way shape or form what she has taught.

Now, you must get a minimum of a 75% on your test or you lose your career.

She is 20 minutes late. Did I say that? About 10 minutes before the test is scheduled to end, and after a few people finish and leave the class, the teacher says "I am so sorry I must have made this test too hard. I promise that all of you will pass this test. I will have to make a big curve for you all to pass, but you will pass."

5 minutes later she comes back into class and says "Your favorite nursing instructor has given you as much time as you need to finish this test. Just remember that you all will pass. I promise."

5 minutes later she announces that we have only 15 minutes left. What happened to "all the time we need?"

After 90% of the class finishes and leaves under the assumption that there will be a "big curve" and that we "all will pass," she announces to the remaining 10% that "since you have had extra time there will be no need to curve the grade."

Now understand that she gave us a study guide, told us what reviews in the book to do. "The test will be just like the cumulative review on page such and such." The test was NOTHING like that!!

100% of the class feels as though they failed the test. I have to wait 24 hours to find out if I have been kicked out of nursing school because of this one wacko teacher.

This will be the longest 24 hours of my life. I already have high blood pressure, I don't need this load of crap!!

Sorry to unload, just had to get it out.

Now this!? What happened to The Lounge??

Oh, I need to go back to bed and start all over.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2006, 12:37 PM
    All I have to say is WOW. That is crazy. Good luck and I am sure everything will work out.
    Expert

Oct 11, 2006, 12:43 PM
    What a pretty pic of Joshua Joe.

How I miss the "old" days, before they can talk back! LOL
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2006, 12:44 PM
    Everybody keeps saying that too me.

The fun is just starting.

Etc Etc Etc...
    Expert

Oct 11, 2006, 02:52 PM
    Ice Ice baby, Vanilla Ice Ice baby

After today, I need the fighting words. Life is going to suck for the next day. If the teach gives the grades tomorrow.

Otherwise I got to wait a whole freaking week!!
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Oct 11, 2006, 03:51 PM
    ;) Jesus helper 76 your pics are just glorious... and J-9 you go girl... you got grade you want... girl... go get them... I need some professionals help with some medical questions... do not let me down girl... you girl... go get the grade you want girl... pop the finger to the right and make a 360 back to same place... Yeah... I am placing more pressure on you to make it... what else could I do...
    Expert

Oct 11, 2006, 04:23 PM
    Well, Luna, the pressure was over at around 9:15 am central time. Now it is all up to the teacher.

I am going to boo hoo all the time till I find out the grade. Could be as late as next Wednesday. Way to enjoy the fall break ain't it!!
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Oct 11, 2006, 04:26 PM
    Why did the lounge move?
    Expert

Oct 11, 2006, 04:30 PM
    I have no freaking idea. You would think I would since it is my thread, but I don't.

Wizzy, aren't you a beauty!!
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Oct 12, 2006, 06:29 AM
    J girl you need a massage and to get out of the house for a few. Stop stressing there's not much you can do about it now. Get your blood pressure down and have your family cater to you for a day or so. I think you probably did just fine on that test and your going to do just fine in school. Got faith in you hun. Your going to do great!

They tell me the same thing Joe. I don't know though. I only average about three hours of sleep a night because of a diaper rash due to the changing of formulas. *sigh* One of these days I'm just going to have someone come watch them so that I can sleep. Hey, that's not a bad idea...
    Expert

Oct 12, 2006, 06:42 AM
    It is called Respite Care Myth.

There are nurses out there who take care of family members who are ill, or young as in your babies, so that the caregiver (you) can go out and have fun or get some rest.

Oct 12, 2006, 06:54 AM
    Yep you need that... lol.
    Expert

Oct 12, 2006, 06:59 AM
    So do you Myth.

I am having it right now. It is called Day Care. Really and truly DayCare is a form of respite care.

Books are put away for this week, I am still in my jammies, and I got my pepsi!! Time for a nap I think.

Hey, I slept in today. I got up at 7.

Oct 12, 2006, 07:02 AM
    That is sleeping in... lol. I am going to have someone watch them on Sunday just so I can sleep and shower and maybe get the dishes done... lol... had to throw in some work...
    Expert

Oct 12, 2006, 12:38 PM
    I PASSED THE MATH EXAM!!

YIPEE, YAHOO,

Anyone want to go for a drink?

Oct 12, 2006, 12:54 PM
    I could use one now that the kids are asleep... I hate house hunting. I want a long islan ice tea...

CONGRATS J!! Doing a happy dance for you.
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Oct 12, 2006, 10:23 PM
    Congratulations J, treat yourself and have TWO pepsi's lol
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2006, 12:01 AM
    I already knew that you did before you said anything. (; (; (;
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 13, 2006, 09:51 AM
    Congrat J, I knew you would, eveyone but you did. When you go for that drink bring some of those repise things by with some blue Kool Aid. The grandkids just went home and my wife and I are too worn out to stir the pitcher.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Original Lounge [ 1624 Answers ]

Well, folks, I thought I would start a thread that has absolutely NO subject. So, welcome to The Lounge. A great place to chit-chat about everything and nothing. No matter what you want to say here will be off-topic. The menu: Coffee (Val I made it just for you) Kool-aid for Tal I have...

View more questions Search