Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2008, 10:57 AM
    Testing for Substances
    I'm new at learning about testing for substances on job applicants and on the job folks.

What is this test that so many addicts refer to?
    I'd like to learn anything you feel like sharing?

My former home care aid told me that Wal*Mart tests all prospective employees; she is a full time employee there.

Thanks,
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2008, 11:18 AM
    http://www.nwlaborpress.org/2001/8-3-01Drugs2.html
    Is this what you mean?

Drug Testing During Hiring - Employee Rights Center
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Hello Choux:

There are two basic tests - a hair test which can tell over a pretty long period what drugs were used, and a urinalysis, which can tell what drugs were used recently.

Within those two categories, there are different levels of tests that can be performed. Not all urinalysis test for opiates, for example. I'm sure not all hair tests test for all substances possible.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 15, 2008, 02:14 PM
    But as long as you are not using any illegal drugs there is no worry anyway. So if you are using them, just don't work for places that test, there are a lot of great car washes that need attendants
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Excellent help, thank you so much. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 16, 2008, 06:05 PM
    Let us not forget also that there are blood tests that can be done to detect drugs. As well, in the rarest of occasions a spinal tap can be done to detect drugs in the spinal fluid. That stays in the spinal fluid for an eternity. However, that is NEVER done for employment drug screens.

I stand behind what excon says, and will add that a blood test can be done if there is an injury on the job.
    JuliaPenny Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jul 29, 2008, 06:02 AM
    Legally employers have established that it is within their rights to ensure the workplace is free from drugs and alcohol and one of the best ways to protect your workplace is to screen out drug abusers before they become employees. An employer can establish a program for testing job applicants for drug usage as long as it is administered fairly and consistently and is in line with federal and state laws.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which of the following substances? [ 1 Answers ]

Which of the following substances would be best to obtain pure water from a solution of sodium chloride.. chromotography? filtration? decantation? distilation?evaporation?

Dna Testing [ 10 Answers ]

Can you have someone take a DNA test while in Jail? Can you have someone sign a birth certificate while in Jail?

Testing again [ 1 Answers ]

Just testing. Yadda yadda yadda.

View more questions Search