Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michael Leibman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 09:32 AM
    How do you organize to improve your life?
    I realize, as an organism, that I am always in some state of organization, and that I am always organizing and reorganizing … that as a social being I am always relating to members of organized groups, but: I never actually used one of those little planner book organizers, my life feels slightly pixelated, and I am just barely to the point of being able to speak complete sentences.

Could you tell me the greatest, most efficient and effective way to change a state of entropic chaos into one of life-fulfilling order and organization? Or alternatively, might you write a sentence bursting with glorious organization? Or something?

I’d really appreciate any honest words of wisdom here.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 9, 2008, 10:02 AM
    You couldn't have lived your llife in a total vacuum, without organization, because you seem to be able to string sentences together properly. Take some courses if you feel so dysfunctional in society to get yourself back on track and organized appropriately. Have a great day!
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Feb 9, 2008, 10:11 AM
    I believe that organizational techniques are learned from having a diciplined routine. If your life is disorganized, than a solution may to be create a schedule for yourself each day and stick to it. By diciplining yourself to follow the schedule you have outlined, with time, you will begin to fulfill those daily tasks with more ease as thy become second nature to you.

This, of course, takes patience and dicipline, but if you stick to it you will find yourself following the schedule with more ease and your life as a whole will seem much more manageble.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 9, 2008, 12:44 PM
    Implementing discipline as BMI says is a great idea. However, it takes willpower and a mindset and a good daytimer with lots of room for notes. Of course taking the time each morning to sit and write down what you want to accomplish with your time helps too, especially when one works and Saturdays is the only time you can say, pick up your cleaning, do your grocery shopping, etc. But If you have a daytimer and absolutely put these things in for certain times of the day, You may find at first you feel it's a nonsensical task, but it teaches) and never deviate from this schedule, then eventually you will learn what has to be done to organize your week.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2008, 02:27 PM
    For material goods: put like things together!

For all relationships:expect nothing; do everything; laugh often!
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Feb 10, 2008, 10:42 AM
    There's no one solution that fits everyone, because there are different styles of organizing and planning. The DayTimer/DayRunner approach works for many. Simple lists or scraps of paper work for others. There are fans of Getting Things Done (GTD), which is based on the premise that if one gets the tasks & things of one's life into a "trusted system" and reviews that system regularly, all will be well. Some systems are top down, and focus on goals; some are bottom up (like GTD) and focus on low-level tasks.

D*I*Y Planner 3.0 is a free planning system based on GTD. Since it's free you could try it out at no cost to you. There's a free application called ThinkingRock that runs on Windows or Mac OS that implements GTD that you could try out.

There's a free DayTimer-like software planner called EasyNoter available for Windows that you might try out.

MindTools has a number of articles & tips you might find useful - also free.
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2008, 09:03 PM
    Sit down with a piece of paper and draw a circle. Divide this into the aspects of your life that are important to you, i.e.. love, friendships, health, spirituality, creativity, career, finances, etc. Whatever rings true for you as being of greatest importance to you at this time of your life.

Within each section write a list of what you want - then sit back and consider how you might go about achieving your most important needs.

This will help you prioritise your life and once you're clear about what you want, you can either deliberately go about planning each goal right down to the nittiest detail, or let it guide you on a more intuitive level that leaves room for spontenaity. You might find that your actions will gradually (or even sooner) fall in line with your innate desires, thus wasting less time and energy on things that have little meaning for you.

Revisit the list occasionally, as it changes.

Enjoy :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to improve healthy in life [ 4 Answers ]

How to improve healthy in life?

How the hell do I organize? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay my boyfriend bought me a phillips MP3 with video, music, radio, and picture storage, to replace my RCA Mp3 cause it's been messing up. I love the thing it's nice and smooth small, black, and oh so cute but there's an issue... when I put it music on it... it's all jumbled and I can't just...

How do I organize courthouse wedding [ 2 Answers ]

What do I need to do to have a quick courthouse wedding?:confused:

Organize file cabinet [ 1 Answers ]

I'm setting up my file cabinet and am not sure what to do... After I reconcile my bank statement, what should I file with it. Just the computer printout & statement from the bank, or the corresponding receipts, etc. that go with the bank statement. Or should these receipts, payments, etc. be...

View more questions Search