Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ItWasHampton! Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2005, 10:24 AM
    More Questions about skin lightening...
    Do you guys know of any homeade skin lightening regimens? I don't know why, but there are no more websites that talked about this; three years ago I could easily find 20.

Also, I have been using lemon juice and seen some lightening. I hear it works very well if you give it a great deal of time (and winter's coming! :cool: ), is this true?

Thanks!

-SVEN
    jacki1982 Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2005, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ItWasHampton!
    Do you guys know of any homeade skin lightening regimens? I don't know why, but there are no more websites that talked about this; three years ago I could easily find 20.

Also, I have been using lemon juice and seen some lightening. I hear it works very well if you give it a great deal of time (and winter's coming! :cool: ), is this true?

Thanks!

-SVEN
    If you use lemon, make sure 5 minutes after you put on some moisturizers. If not, you'll have a very dry skin as a result to that. Lemon or limes... or papaya soaps
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2005, 05:22 AM
    Homemade remedies
    Hi,
    I am glad to see the post about drying out your skin. That is worse than having dark skin!
    Have you considered seeing a Dermologist? He/she could give you some good advise on what to do, and what not to do.
    You can possibly do more damage than you know by trying different things.
    hindude Posts: 52, Reputation: 4

Oct 23, 2005, 03:20 AM
    Hi. I used lemon juice when I first tried lightening my skin. This was before I knew products existed out there for this. What I noticed is with the lemon, the lightening is not even. It will lighten in spots and not your entire skin. I used to apply it on my entire face and it left these half dollar sized light spots on my cheeks. They went away after about 6 months once I stopped using the lemon.
    Skinwhite Posts: 77, Reputation: 6

Oct 23, 2005, 05:07 AM
    If you do use lemon juice mix it with honey. This blend will make it less harsh or irritating on the skin. Also if you are into mixing your own serums, there are ways of doing that by doing personal formulations and ordering ingredients on line.
    socalstudios Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2005, 05:46 PM
    I hear dry milk and hydrogen peroxide 20 volume. 20 min on face but it burns like rolling your face in new rugs.

http://www.weddingsutra.com/communit...eid=2&qid=1159

Some indian site, this lady is shooting all kinds of home remedies and some of her products.

Good thread by the way,

Oct 24, 2005, 07:37 PM
    Got an idea, basically 2 kinds of lime,

1 is natural fruit lime they say putting it on face by holding the fruit is uneven, okay.

2 is lime juice u can actually buy. If lime is a lightner, then buy some lime juice and get a small hand towel. Dip hand towel in lime juice till soaked, squeeze some juice out, and lay down with the lime towel on your face for 20 minutes. See if that works, being a towel based lime application it should lighten face evenly.

Oct 28, 2005, 12:12 AM
    Hi socal,
    That recipe with milk powder and volume 20 sounds really good. Did you notice results? How often have you done it?

Oct 28, 2005, 12:36 AM
    Tried it 1nce for 5 min. but it strted itching my skin so I stopped. Supposed to hold it for 20 min. try it and see if it works, very cheap method.

Oct 28, 2005, 04:35 AM
    I can imagine the volume 20 would feel very itchy. I think I'll pass don't want to irritate or flare up my skin.
    Sita Das Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2008, 06:04 PM
    If you want a even skin tone and anti oxidant in one.. drink glutathione. It very good for your skin, liver and kidneys.
    ornella Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2009, 08:18 PM

Girls I just joined and I need some serious skin lightening in serious time. Please recommend anything.
    desikudi Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 10:34 AM

Drink glutathione ? And how do you drink it , I mean where do you buy that and for how much?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Skin Lightening [ 3 Answers ]

I'm new to site and not sure how to use it, so this may be a repeat message. I'm trying to get a response from someone who has ordered the products that realsweet has recommended, or get a response from her, has anyone used these products? Or know whom to order them from?

Skin Lightening [ 6 Answers ]

So, I'm African American and moved out west. My skin has gotten a good 4 (no joke) shades darker and I am wondering what kind of creams or pills actually work. Would anybody know. Also, would anybody know how long it would take for my skin to get back to its original color?

Skin lightening [ 24 Answers ]

Helpp have dark skin need to lighten it overall.. which is the best product?

DPA skin lightening? [ 9 Answers ]

http://abaco.ya.com/skindepigment/ Is it a scam?

Skin lightening? [ 11 Answers ]

Okay, I may be naïve here but I have some questions about skin lightening. 1. What is it? 2. Why would you do it? I have been thinking about this with all of the threads dedicated to this topic. I thought maybe it was for someone with a dermatological problem, but it looks like I'm wrong. ...

View more questions Search