Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

Nov 24, 2010, 04:02 PM
    The Twilight Zone?
    What is the twilight zone? I'm just curious because we are talking about it at my school. I'm kind of confuse on what it is. Everyone keeps telling me it's a TV show and I keep telling them I know that but I want to know what it means and what it is and if it's a real place. Thank you if you do answer. But please do!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 24, 2010, 04:17 PM

Twilight Zone is the place in between places. As in the twilight of the day as it turns to night. It is the space between spaces where anything is possible.

[Opening narration (season 1)]
    Narrator: There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Ref:

Twilight Zone (TV Series 1959–1964) - IMDb

Nov 24, 2010, 05:05 PM

Um wow this is so confusing but is there a more simple explanation?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2010, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioActive697 View Post
    Um wow this is so confusing but is there a more simple explanation?
    Hello R:

Yes. It's a MADE UP place. So, they can say ANYTHING they want to about it.

excon

Nov 24, 2010, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello R:

Yes. It's a MADE UP place. So, they can say ANYTHING they want to about it.

excon
    So its not a real place right? And so there no such thing as a twilight zone? Ok so its just a place of imagination? I'm guessin.

Nov 24, 2010, 06:31 PM

Thanks you guys for taking out of your time to answer my question and I know I don't think the way I should. Lol Its just so confusing.
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Dec 4, 2010, 04:34 AM

The TV show ran for many years. Here's an old example:

YouTube - Twilight Zone: The Fear

Because of the show, the phrase 'the twilight Zone' has been used by people to refer to anything rather weird and unbelievable. Eg. If you went to a really over-the-top fancy dress party you might say, 'wow, I just entered the twilight zone!' Or if you had a weird dream, particularly one of those half-awake ones when overtired or ill, you might say,'I was in the twilight zone.' The phrase has become quite common-place for describing anything a bit freaky, where reality meets weird. Hope that makes sense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Twilight zone or Hitchcock? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for movie where the scene is mainly on the road, and it's about a blond lady that's really tormented about past scenes with a guy, she's wandering in her car.. and if I can remember it precisely she's fleeing from somewhere, consequently she has a car accident but that doesn't stop her...

The Twilight Zone [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of the episode of The Twilight Zone where the man in it worked in an office and was really nasty to everyone thinking they all should be more like him. Then he gets zoomed into the Twilight Zone and realises that everybody looks like him. Can anybody please help me with...

I am looking for the name of an episode. (probably from twilight zone) [ 3 Answers ]

At this episode a team of soldiers discovered a dome in a forest clearing. This dome was like a shield, and the soldiers could see inside but not enter. Inside the dome there was a cabin and a Amish family (dad, mum and 2 kids) living their life normally but they couldn't see the soldiers camping...

Twilight Zone [ 1 Answers ]

What band sings Twilight Zone and who is the lead singer?

Twilight zone [ 5 Answers ]

I remember that it was a movie from the twlight show.. I woman was outside gardening and she had found a wooden box and in it was a silverr necklace. She had discovered that when she would put it on and say the words SHUT UP everyone would freeze. So she went into the grocery mall and wanted the...

View more questions Search