Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GKJSG Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 06:15 AM
    Using painters tape & primer
    I want to paint the wall surrounding our fireplace. Let me explain my situation;All four walls will be painted a light yellow, the forth wall around a dark manteled fireplace is where I want to paint color blocks using three shades of blue, light, medium and dark. In between the blocks will be light yellow about an inch or so wide. I actually have three questions:
    1.) The wall I want to paint with the shades of blue is currently a nasty green color, I know I'll have to use a primer such as Killz or Zinsser, should I apply another coat of primer under the 'color blocks' to assure the light yellow doesn't discolor the blue?
    2.) I'm thinking I can achieve the look I 'm striving for using painter tape. How can I assure the color will not 'feather' into the yellow or visa versa?
    Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 23, 2007, 08:12 AM
    A second coat of primer is not necessary since you could do a secopnd coat of blue if you see a problem when you are done. 3M blue painters tape should serve you well. Make sure your edges are fully adherering by rubbing the edge with the bottom side of a spoon. What are your wall surfaces made from, drywall?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Primer and Paint [ 3 Answers ]

I have put primer over a black wall and want to paint it orange. The problem is I put 4 coats of paint and it's not covering.I have A thick expensive paint and don't understand.I was told to put More coats until it's covered.Is this what I should do?

Can't get painters tape to stick [ 2 Answers ]

I've been painting a floor cloth and all was going well until I tried to attach painter's tape to an already painted stripe(dry). I can't seem to get it to stick any suggestions?

Trap primer [ 1 Answers ]

Why do I need a trap primer for a drain?

Paint peeling from painters tape in new condo? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I purchased a condo in 2004 and was told it was painted with Benjamin Moore paint. Recently I decided to liven it up a bit, and so started replacing the "linen" with other more vibrant colors. When I did the downstairs bathroom, I had some issues when using the blue (Scotch 3M) painters...

Time needed between Tape & other OTC dewormers [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter misdiagnosed what type of worms her puppy has (she definitely has Tapeworms), so I purchased Evict and administered it two days ago. Now I need to give an over the counter Tape worm medication and wonder how much time, if any, is required between the two different wormers?

View more questions Search