Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rich1234 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2013, 04:02 PM
    Please help, Tourist Visa and future family based petition Visa
    Dear kind person

My name is Richard
    1. I am 45 American make on Social security disability 1255 dollar a month ,
    2. I am to be divorced from my first Filipino wife of 10 years this April , she has worked the 40 quarter hours so I am not on her affidavit support anymore . We have been separated 2 years .
    3 last year I meet a wonderful pinay , I am sending er to college , we live in Davao , she has 3 years left for respiratory therapy , we plan on moving to the USA after that /
    4.is it possible to get her an tourist visa so we can visit my parents ?
    5.once we get married in June I am short 3000 dollars for the affidavit of support , she has on online business making 500 dollar a month making website can we use this money and how on the affidavit support as she will still do this in the USA
    6.I have a residence in America with my 70 year old mother and Driver Lic , bank accounts , However I will stay here temporally with My new bride until she graduates...
    Thank you
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 28, 2013, 04:22 PM
    Apply to US immigration, but tourist visas are not guaranteed (and that is what she will need to visit first). It doesn't matter how much you and she will make, what she has to bring with her to come to the US. Her visa is totally dependent on the official who reviews her case when she arrives, either yay or nay.

Please go through the usual channels to achieve the tourist visa.

Travel.state.gov/visa/

Feb 28, 2013, 04:42 PM
    Thank you for answering the First half of the question...

What is the other that follows ?
    I am 45 American make on Social security disability 1255 dollar a month , will not get better...
    I am sending her to college , we live in Davao , she has 3 years left for respiratory therapy , we plan on moving to the USA after that

Am short 3000 dollars for the affidavit of support , she has on online business making 500 dollar a month making website can we use this money and how on the affidavit support as she will still do this in the USA

.I have a residence in America with my 70 year old mother and Driver Lic , bank accounts , However I will stay here temporally with My new bride until she graduates in Davao,,

Feb 28, 2013, 06:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Apply to US immigration, but tourist visas are not guaranteed (and that is what she will need to visit first). It doesnt matter how much you and she will make, what she has to bring with her to come to the US. Her visa is totally dependent on the official who reviews her case when she arrives, either yay or nay.

Please go through the usual channels to achieve the tourist visa.

travel.state.gov/visa/
    Thank you for answering the First half of the question...

What is the other that follows ?
    I am 45 American make on Social security disability 1255 dollar a month , will not get better...
    I am sending her to college , we live in Davao , she has 3 years left for respiratory therapy , we plan on moving to the USA after that

Am short 3000 dollars for the affidavit of support , she has on online business making 500 dollar a month making website can we use this money( it is Philippines based business) and how on the affidavit support as she will still do this in the USA

.I have a residence in America with my 70 year old mother and Driver Lic , bank accounts , However I will stay here temporally with My new bride until she graduates in Davao,, thank you so much
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Mar 2, 2013, 11:01 PM
    Philippines is one of the most difficult place to get US visa.

To apply for tourist visa, submit evidence that you are living together, you support her, etc. purpose of this trip, and length of stay, etc. No guarantee though..

To apply for immigrant visa, you need to have joint sponsor, being disabled does not give you any privilege. It would take 12-18 months to process.

Good luck.

Mar 3, 2013, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    Philippines is one of the most difficult place to get US visa.

To apply for tourist visa, submit evidence that you are living together, you support her, etc. purpose of this trip, and length of stay, etc. No guarantee though..

To apply for immigrant visa, you need to have joint sponsor, being disabled does not give you any privilege. It would take 12-18 months to process.

Good luck.
    Not looking for privileges , just trying to get Er done :) Just joking )
    I do know under the Instructions on the affidavit of support , since we will be married they would count her income as long as when she moved to the USA the Income would continue , But what I need to know is what kind of prof they are looking for as the instruction are Vague .I tried to call Ingratiation however , they refer me back to the Website and again it is so Vague... she has an online business making 500 dollar a month making website, And will continue doing this for spare money... Thank you so much for taking your time , Kind person .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a way to change a permanent Residence for a regular visa or tourist visa? [ 0 Answers ]

Is there a way to change a permanent Residence for a regular visa or tourist visa?

Is there a way to change a permanent Residence for a regular visa or tourist visa? [ 0 Answers ]

Is there any way to change my permanent Resident Visa to the united states to just a tourist visa and how much would it be and what steps I need to take?

Can you change italy tourist visa to student visa [ 1 Answers ]

Lets say you travel to italy with an italy tourist visa then when you are in italy you apply for a student visa is it possible

Which is better to bring Husband and son while I am on F1 Visa( F2 visa or Tourist) [ 0 Answers ]

I am here in USA on F1 Visa.I am planning to bring my family(my husband and my son(10 yrs) ) to USA. Please let me know the best ways so that the stamping is done for sure. What are the possibilities for applying for Tourist Visa. Can they visit USA without any sponsor ship letter from me. How...

Change london tourist visa to dependent visa [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I'm from Srilanka. I'm studying in UK now. My wife came to UK as a touriest ( She got touriest visa) but I have one year visa to study in UK so I want to change my wife visa to like a depending visa. How to change this. When I finished my study then I and my wife altoghter to go back...

View more questions Search