Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RVBou Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2011, 02:48 PM
    VGA to HDMI Converter
    Has anyone had experience with VGA to HDMI converters? I am trying to use my LCD-TV as an external monitor for my laptop. I can't get my KanexPro converter to work.

Any suggestions?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 12, 2011, 02:52 PM
    Which one do you have ?

KanexPro AV Value Solution

Dec 13, 2011, 10:03 AM
    Kanexpro mpn: vgarlhd
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 13, 2011, 02:16 PM
    What problem are you having? Is there no video or audio or is there something else?

Dec 13, 2011, 04:08 PM
    I did not attempt audio connection. I not get any video on my external monitor (LCD-TV).
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 13, 2011, 05:14 PM
    First off you need to tell your laptop that your going to use a second monitor and how your going to use it (extended or clone). Also you need to set your monitor to the input that you are plugged into. So if it is input B then you have to switch to input B on your external monitor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 honda civic catalytic converter cleaned out after getting 420 converter code... [ 9 Answers ]

Had converter cleaned out until there was nothing left! Car ran like a dream first day.. since that time about 6 days now.. progressively driving with less gumption although it hasn't tried to die on me---brother is supposed to be doing something with the downstream 02 sensor this weekend.. any...

CanI connect hdmi on laptop to hdmi on my surround sound system? [ 1 Answers ]

I just want to know,if I can hook up the hdmi on the laptop to hdmi input on the surround sound and have it work. I'musing the headphone jack now but it's a sh$#*y connection.

Hdmi [ 1 Answers ]

I am shopping for a Blu-Ray home theater system (family room). I see some systems have HDMI inputs, outputs or both. What is the difference between what an HDMI input vs output does and do I want one with both or one-or-the-other?

Ybpr cables or dvi to hdmi? Or hdmI? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what is best, and I would like to know why? I find the more expensive dvi to hdmi is not as high of a quality of 3dimension on my LCD TV from my HD cable box? The picture is clearer but the characters do not jump out the same as when I am using ybpr.

HDMI.VGA.DVI.where do they go and what do they do? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new HP PC and flat screen monitor. The instructions I have did not explain clearly enough to me as I am not computer proficient. Could someone out there explain, in easy to follow instructions, the hookup of the various cables I have and what, specfically, they do? 1. I have one...

View more questions Search