Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Keatts16 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Oct 27, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Tramp stamp?
    So I have been thinking about getting a tattoo on my lower back, right above the bikini line. But I told one of my guy friends that and he went "your getting a tramp stamp? are you trying to say something?" do people really think you're easy or something if you get a tattoo there? Because I really want it, and my dad said I could, but I don't want people to think that about me.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2007, 11:53 AM
    What do you care what people think of you? What is the exact tattoo? You must be a minor since you said your Dad will allow this. Just remember a tattoo is fairly permanent. The only way I know they can be taken off is through laser surgery. I think people should worry less about someone else's tattoo and more about their own way of looking at people.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Hmm, I am too old to know what today's teens and young adults view these tattoos as, but the other day at the shop we were discussing tattoos for some reason. And there was a younger guy in his early 20's I guess and he called the tattoo you are referring to as a "tramp stamp". So I am sure you will get plenty of replies. The only reason I came here to tell you this is because I just heard the phrase the other day. And this young man then told us his fiancé has a "tramp stamp" and I told him he shouldn't refer to her as a tramp. But he says he doesn't mean anything by it, that's just a term used to describe it.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2007, 11:58 AM
    But then that goes into the term - tramp stamp - if it does not mean anything, it should not be used. Like the word slut (not sure I can say that here) - men want one but not too much of one and it is a word used both for and against the woman.
    teasy Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 11:36 PM
    I know I am young (im 16) but I had a tattoo when I was 14. I went with my moms friend and we both got them. At that part of my life I was kind of depressed and so I always wore long sleeved shirts to cover the tattoo, cause it was on my forearm. Anyway I hated it, not cause it wasn't cute or anything, just cause I didn't get it for a good reason, I wasn't happy about it when I got it, I got it cause the pain was good.

Anyway that being said, I wouldn't get it on the small of your back, get it somewhere cool, that won't get all saggy when your old, like the top of your foot, it looks cool and doesn't sag, or on your finger, like a butterfly or behind your ear, like blue and yellow stars or something.
    Stephieee Posts: 34, Reputation: 7

Dec 13, 2007, 09:27 AM
    No one will really think you are a tramp. A lower back tattoo is just generally considered cheesy by people with tattoos. But if you want one, go for it. Its not like you'll be the only girl out there with a lower back tattoo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know if I'm pregnant or not... I feel like such a tramp [ 27 Answers ]

Omg. I had sex for the first time Sunday night (2 days ago) and I didn't want to at all. I mean, I have an issue at not being able to say no. I barely even knew the guy. And He asked me if I wanted to have sex, and I said no. (Because I wanted to do it when I get married and with someone I love)...

Time Stamp [ 1 Answers ]

Maybe I'm missing something, but while playing around with the time clock on my cell phone I noticed that when I get somewhere around the middle east the clock jumps from 1hr increments to sometimes 30 minute and sometimes to 45 min increments! So I got on the time clock on my Gateway and it does...

View more questions Search