Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amtul_sara Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2006, 01:43 PM
    Pressure loss after faucet replacement in kitchen
    We replaced the Kitchen faucet because the old one had a water leakage. Since we change to the new faucet the Water pressure has dropped dramatically. We checked both the hot and cold water valves they were fully open. Any ideas.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2006, 02:23 PM
    Hi,
    Does the end of your new faucet have an "aerator" of any kind on it? Sometimes there is a small screen, or similar, screwed into the end of the faucet where the water comes out. It gives "bubbling" water instead of a "solid" flow.
    Just a thought. Good luck.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 3, 2006, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amtul_sara
    We replaced the Kitchen faucet because the old one had a water leakage. Since we change to the new faucet the Water pressure has dropped dramatically. We checked both the hot and cold water valves they were fully open. Any ideas.

What's the brand name of your faucet. What type? One handle or two knobs? Fred gave you excellent place to start looking. When you have the aerator off turn the faucet on. Do you have a full stream? Regards, Tom

Feb 6, 2006, 12:36 PM
    It is a Corrego Kitchen faucet with One handle, sprayer and a soap dispenser. I tried removing the aerator and still the water flow is slow. Any other ideas.
    Bill T Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2006, 12:47 PM
    HI you may have blocked valves if this is how you shutoff the water to faucet. Is this a old home?

Feb 6, 2006, 12:50 PM
    I checked the valves they are fully open.
    Bill T Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2006, 07:33 AM
    Hi, is this a old home? Is pressure the same with cold water side as the hot?
    cckclc39 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 05:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amtul_sara
    It is a Corrego Kitchen faucet with One handle, sprayer and a soap dispenser. I tried removing the aerator and still the water flow is slow. Any other ideas.

Hello,

I, too, have a problem with my Corrego kitchen faucet. It leaks and the flow is also slow. Were you able to successfully fix the problem or did you have to replace the unit?
    Trotter_650 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 06:05 AM
    Take off the part on the end of the faucet where the screen is, and if there's more than one screen in it you can take out all but one of the screens. Some new faucets have extra in them to reduce waterflow.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 24, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Trotter_650
    Take off the part on the end of the faucet where the screen is, and if there's more than one screen in it you can take out all but one of the screens. Some new faucets have extra in them to reduce waterflow.
    Once again I have to disagree with you Trotter,
    Did you read where she already checked with the screens, (aerator) removed?

"I tried removing the aerator and still the water flow is slow. Any other ideas."

The only answer is that in replacing the new faucet you dislodged some minerals built up in the pipe walls that is now blocking the inlet ports or the cartridge. Shut the water off and open up the faucet. Check and clean the inlet ports and then turn the water back on for a minute to flush out the supplies. You should have a strong flow coming out of the open valve body. Good luck, Tom
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Perhaps you are a victim of modern law, which requires a flow restrictors and (in the case of the sprayer) an anti-siphon valve, both of which will cut the flow rate substantially. If your old faucet was >10 years or so, it may not have had these environmentallt friendly features, and hence the water flow was much better with the old faucet. I had a similar thing when we upgraded our kitchen faucet - I would guess that the flow is half of what it used to be.

On some faucets it may be possible to pry out the flow restrictor (it would be behind the metal screen the others wrote about), but that would be illegal (ahem), so you didn't hear it from me...
    Kathy_fixin_it Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2012, 05:31 AM
    Corrego has an incredible customer service dep. They will walk you through any problem you may have. Just call 1-866-669-9767, they honor the warrante and sent me a new cartdrige for my leak at no cost. Very easy to replace!
    Kathy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loss of water pressure in kitchen faucet [ 7 Answers ]

This past week we've experienced a loss of water pressure in our kitchen faucet. The faucet is only 6-months old (Moen Extensa Chrome Single Handle Kitchen Faucet With Pullout Spray). Our handyman installed it for us. The house was built in 1992 and all pipes are in good condition upon a home...

No pressure in my kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I moved into this house about 4 months ago, and all the faucets have great pressure except my kitchen faucet. I get no pressure there, and now very little water coming out of the faucet at all. The house is 11 years old, I have no idea what to do. Can you offer any suggestions?

Kitchen faucet pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced my single handle kitchen faucet to a double handle faucet. (No special reason.) I added a sprayer also. Everything has worked great, which has been about 3 months up until about a week ago. I have good pressure when I turn on either the cold or hot, but when I turn on the other, the...

Kitchen sink pressure loss [ 9 Answers ]

May there be someone who can help. My kitchen sink faucet has lost pressure and shares water distribution with my dishwasher. Water pressure to the dishwasher is fine, but the faucet is really low. The pressure comes and goes, lately it's just very low. The faucet is combined with the sprayer and...

Kitchen Faucet No pressure Why? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, My kitchen faucet used to work just fine (normal pressure) but now it has no pressure and when I turn it off it takes a few seconds to shut off. Even when I turn on both (hot and cold) full blast my pressure never changes. Do I have a leak in the pipe some where? Please help. Don't...

View more questions Search