Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natashap25 Posts: 49, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2015, 12:52 PM
    What to do?
    So my mum says I have that sparkle to do well in life because I'm sincere.I don't know what I should do with my life to use the talents I have,some say I'm good with kids,some say I can be a good annchor,or actor or performer.I don't know where to start! Im young and I want to do all things I can so I don't regret it later on.

I really don't know what to do how to figure out exactly what I am good at and what makes me happy.I don't want to chase fame because I know it is fleeting and sometimes I just feel on top of the world and special when my mum says I'm really talented.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 22, 2015, 01:03 PM
    How old are you now?
    natashap25 Posts: 49, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2015, 01:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    How old are you now?
    Im 18 years old
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 22, 2015, 01:21 PM
    Are you going to college or will you find a job? No matter what I did, whether it was a grocery store cashier job or a college class or later as a wife and mom and librarian, I kept my mind open and learned stuff. Some of what I learned was how things worked and how to streamline a job. I also learned how to interact with all kinds of people, all types of personalities. That's what you want to do -- as the saying goes, "bloom where you are planted." No matter what you are involved in, learn from it and carry those lessons into the next job or class or social situation. Take life one bite at a time and savor each bite.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2015, 01:29 PM
    What sort of things do you enjoy doing? Can you think of career choices that will allow you to do some of those things? Once you come up with a few ideas, research what type of training would be needed. Would you need a university degree? What opportunities might there be near where you live? Would you be interested in moving elsewhere if it meant doing something that you enjoy?

There are a large number of ways to combine interests. Just one example....if you were a teacher, and loved to travel, you could look into programs that help you teach in different countries for a year or two, then go do the same in a new country, and so on.

You will likely find that there are a number of different jobs that sound interesting. I still think it would be great to work in a zoo or animal park!

Many people find they change careers at some point in their life too, so it may not be that only one career is all you would have. And many just happen upon a great job that they love, even though it may not be anything that they had thought about before.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2015, 05:21 AM
    No reason why you can't do it all, or at least give it all a good shot. I'm 43 and I'm 10 years into my second career. I have plans for a third to bring me into retirement and beyond.

Sounds like your mom is a great support and cheerleader for you, grab life, and I think Nike say it best,

'just do it'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search