Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thhuggins Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2014, 05:50 PM
    Office cleaning bid
    I would like to get some ideas on how much to charge to clean a office building. The office has 3 carpeted offices, not huge offices, average size. It also has 2 small bathrooms, 1 carpeted hallway, 1 carpeted stairway, and a small lobby that needs to be swept, mopped, and pictures dusted. The client is starting with services twice a week. Open to all suggestions!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 1, 2014, 06:29 PM
    What is the square footage ?

Jul 1, 2014, 06:38 PM
    The square footage is about 1200-1500 sq ft.
    elvena Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2014, 06:38 PM
    Calculate how long it will take you, from start to finish. If you are using your equipment and cleaning supplies then charge accordingly. $10.00 an hr and $15.00 equipment/supplies per day sounds reasonable. It should take about 2 hrs to do a good job. If they want shampooing carpets/ waxing floors than charge $20.00 extra

Jul 1, 2014, 06:42 PM
    I estimate about 3 hours, we do a good job. The client will have a lot of dusting that will be needed. The office will house an online radio station, and 2 other offices. Thanks for responding.
    Expert

Jul 1, 2014, 06:55 PM
    How many people do you have on board? I would have to say nothing less than twenty an hour. Have you walked it through?

no one waxes anymore.

Jul 1, 2014, 07:05 PM
    It will be 2 of us cleaning it. We did an initial cleaning this weekend, it took 4 hours to clean. We charged $225. We are in South Carolina, $20 an hour is DIRT cheap. I don't charge by the hour for residential clients. If I did, they would pay a minimum of $35-$45 an hour. We charge by the job or else we would be working for free!
    Expert

Jul 1, 2014, 07:16 PM
    Why are you asking if you already know what you are doing?

You are on an international site. So now I know where you are working, which would have been good to know from the start!

I pay MY house cleaner in Ontario, Canada, 20 an hour, it takes her two hours. You don't charge by the hour for residential then you how do you charge them ??

sorry, glad you are not cleaning and charging here!

Jul 1, 2014, 07:20 PM
    I know what I'm doing. As the end of my question states, I was asking for suggestions. We've cleaned larger commercial properties which was priced per square foot. This is my first time on this site, I didn't know that initially.

Jul 1, 2014, 10:06 PM
    I charge by the size square footage of the house and what the client wants. We do standard and detailed cleaning. Obviously it's a MAJOR difference based on demographics. My clients wouldn't pay me $40 for 2 hours and we certainly wouldn't work for it. We get that and more in TIPS!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help on a office cleaning bid [ 10 Answers ]

I have the chance to bid on a office building aprox. 200 000 sq.feet surface to clean. Just offices, bathrooms, storage rooms, allways, lunch room, stairwells and a conference room. Duties: dusting, vacuuming, mopping, emptying trash cans, clean and sanitize, arrange forniture. 80% carpet; 20%...

Medical office cleaning bid [ 4 Answers ]

I was wanting To know what TI bid on a medical ofiice This 3000 sq f

How to bid office cleaning [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: I just discovered this site and have a question. I am a disabled vet and on SSDI. I want to start my own small commercial cleaning co. here in my small town. There are none here yet but there's lots of commercial businesses and we are growing rapidly. I will get some preference as a...

Office cleaning bid [ 1 Answers ]

I live in ocean county nj I would like to know how to bid on a 7000 sqft bank 5 days a week

Cleaning bid for dental office [ 2 Answers ]

I have been doing residential cleaning and charge by the hour. I now have the opportunity to bid on a cleaning job for a dental office. I have no idea how to charge! Help please

View more questions Search