Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gracean11 Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Apr 23, 2008, 12:49 AM
    Selling hand drawing cards
    Do you think there is a big possibility that I can sell my hand drawn cards through the net? Thanks. Good Pm.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2008, 01:02 AM
    Yes, you can use the Internet to sell things. You can have free blogs and even free websites. You can also use the many free advertising sites that are out there to sell things. Most of the best ones on which to advertise are listed on the following link. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/...ng-103010.html Some of them do allow people from other countries than the U.S. to advertise.

You will however, have to follow the rules/laws of your country concerning the usage of the Internet for selling things as well as possible tax issues, and you also might have something like a PayPal account set up so that people can pay you over the Internet for what you are trying to sell.

Another thing that you could do is to post some images of what you have done here so that those of us who know about selling art of any kind could tell you if what you have is marketable or not.

Apr 23, 2008, 01:21 AM
    Thanks a lot for your advice =). I'll try to post some of my work soon.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 23, 2008, 04:54 AM
    Yes you can, also look at hign end art stores that may have items on cosignment and other shops that may allow you to put a few of your items for sale.

Also on your site offer to do custom cards for people who wish to have certain things drawn or written on card
    tomterm8 Posts: 76, Reputation: 8

Apr 23, 2008, 12:25 PM
    It's worth looking at eBay too, and wetcanvas.com has a forum on art business that is worthwhile.
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2008, 11:06 PM
    We look forward to you posting some examples of your work here! Thanks!

Apr 24, 2008, 12:36 AM

Apr 24, 2008, 12:38 AM
    Hello, I don't have yet scan hand drawn cards. Hope I'll scan it soon. I have sent the site of some of my works. Thanks a lot to all of you.
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2008, 01:03 AM
    I will check them out. Thank you for posting the link! I am hopeful that you will be able to post some things right on this site, though.

Apr 24, 2008, 01:07 AM
    simplygrace11 on deviantART

Apr 24, 2008, 01:10 AM
    I have attach some of my work. Thanks
    Attached Images

Apr 24, 2008, 01:18 AM
    Here are some additional stored in my computer.
    Attached Images

templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2008, 02:50 AM
    You have an incredible eye for composition. I equally love and are revulsed by the red goblin looking thing! Good luck to you!
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Yes, the composition with balance, perspective and proportion is excellent! You definitely have a marketable skill here, gracean11! Where did you learn how to do this?
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2008, 12:13 AM
    I do hope that you will return, gracean11, because you do exhibit much talent and promise with what you can do with your art!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Gracean,
    Nice work!

Regarding hand drawn cards,you might like to contact local cardsellers as a beginning just to check what customers prefer in hand drawn cards(see image "sample" taken from the web)

For example there are water colour hand drawn cards with nature scenes,flowers,abstract art etc
    Or there might be a market for a different kind of hand drawn or handmade cards with drawing and painting plus craft (mixed medium).
    There are some that are hand drawn and then the painted image is printed on a number of cards.Or you could be making one piece unique design cards.
    http://www.amazingartcards.com/cat34_1.htm

Or maybe your city/country has an organisation like the following(which is in India),who might be willing to promote your cards and if some of the profit goes into a charity you will be able to do some good to the poor too.
    http://www.icfa.org.au/crycards.htm
    Attached Images

Apr 27, 2008, 10:20 PM
    Thanks a lot for the compliment and for the suggestions=)

Apr 27, 2008, 10:33 PM
    I really don't know, since I was a child I already like to draw. It's a gift from God. My brother is also good in drawing he's an airbrush artist in Dubai. And maybe I learned it from him. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Yes, the composition with balance, perspective and proportion is excellent! You definitely have a marketable skill here, gracean11! Where did you learn how to do this?

Apr 27, 2008, 10:38 PM
    Thanks a lot:)

Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    gracean,
    Nice work!

Regarding hand drawn cards,you might like to contact local cardsellers as a beginning just to check what customers prefer in hand drawn cards(see image "sample" taken from the web)

For example there are water colour hand drawn cards with nature scenes,flowers,abstract art etc
    Or there might be a market for a different kind of hand drawn or handmade cards with drawing and painting plus craft (mixed medium).
    There are some that are hand drawn and then the painted image is printed on a number of cards.Or you could be making one piece unique design cards.
    Amazing Art Cards

Or maybe your city/country has an organisation like the following(which is in India),who might be willing to promote your cards and if some of the profit goes into a charity you will be able to do some good to the poor too.
    Indian Childrens Fund

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probability of getting an ace from 50 cards if 2 cards are randomly removed from 52 [ 6 Answers ]

From a pack of 52 cards 2 cards are randomly removed. Then what is the probability of getting an ace from remaining 50 cards?

5 cards Pokers hand [ 6 Answers ]

Q In a poker hand consisting of 5 cards, find the probability of holding (a) 3 acres; (b) 4 hearts and 1 club.

Drawing cartoon [ 2 Answers ]

Dear all, I just would like to know if there are any websites can help me or give tutorials for learning drawing cartoon :) Thank you

Vintage baseball cards; Set of 1986 baseball cards [ 2 Answers ]

Where do I go to find out about selling my baseball cards?

Air handler horizontal left hand or right hand? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in a horizontal left hand or horizontal right hand application as far as an air handler? Also, which end would be the return and/or supply? The "a" coil is at one end and the blower motor is at the other end. Thanks

View more questions Search