Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ShawnPC Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2015, 09:04 PM
    I want to visit the gang areas in South Central California. Any suggestions?
    I want to visit the gang areas in South Central California. Any suggestions?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2015, 09:29 PM
    Yeah...

Don't do it.

Otherwise....whatever happens is your fault.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 12, 2015, 10:23 PM
    Why? You like to live life on the edge of danger?

Sep 12, 2015, 11:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Why? You like to live life on the edge of danger?
    I'm just interested in seeing what areas of South Central are so coveted, and why. I don't think riding through a neighborhood is dangerous. It's not like it's Gaza.
    Expert

Sep 13, 2015, 12:49 AM
    You don't know any gang members do you?

Sep 13, 2015, 12:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    You don't know any gang members do you?
    Not yet.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 13, 2015, 01:18 AM
    Yes, if you are the wrong skin color, or do something to "disrespect" the gang, or just stop at the wrong stop light, you will be robbed, hurt or killed, happens every day.

We had areas in Atlanta (and that is good compared to what you want) that police could not go unless there were two officers together.

Also, I have never asked this. Are you black or white. If you are white, your chance of dying, just driving though that area is greatly increased. If you drive a nice car, the chances of having the car stolen, at a stop light is greatly increased.

I personally would never drive though that area, if I had my pistol and shotgun both with me. If I did have to go, I would never stop at any stop sign or stop light.

I did, just recently go to the war zone in Burma, that is much safer than where you want to go.

Sep 13, 2015, 01:30 AM
    Thanks for the links. I just learned I live in a gang territory, and I didn't even know.
    Expert

Sep 13, 2015, 01:54 AM
    Talking about color...

If you are wearing the wrong color clothes you will get shot. No questions asked. If you are in the neighborhood of the Bloods, for example, and you are wearing a blue shirt, BAM! 🔫🔫🔫

You see, I DO know gang members. I have great pleasure telling them to pull up their pants every night I work. I live in one of the most dangerous cities in America. Memphis.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 13, 2015, 04:45 AM
    I also know gangs, I had a family member in the Crips. I lived in one of the worst areas of Atlanta (still not LA) within my 6 city block area, there were several thefts, fights and shootings, every day
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2015, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnPC View Post
    I'm just interested in seeing what areas of South Central are so coveted, and why. I don't think riding through a neighborhood is dangerous. It's not like it's Gaza.
    There are no coveted south central areas..not for anyone but some idiot in a gang that calls it their turf.... it wouldn't be a slum area if it had any value to contributing members of society. You really ARE clueless if you don't think riding through a gang controlled area is not dangerous. If fact you have really lived a sheltered life if you don't see the problems involved.

Are you trying to win the Darwin award this year? No need to answer...its pretty obvious you are.

This has to be a troll post....with everything there is to see in this country....they want to go to one of the worst buttcrack areas of the country for "tourism".
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 13, 2015, 09:16 AM
    You are either naïve or dumb. Gang territories have NOTHING to do with being coveted. Area that have high gang activity are actually poor neighborhoods. Gangs arise because the police don't concentrate on those areas so gangs take control. Gang areas are not tourist attractions. Strangers in gang infested areas take extreme risks.

Sep 13, 2015, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Gang territories have NOTHING to do with being coveted.
    Why do I hear about gangs fighting over the same area? One gang wants to possess another gangs area. Covet means "yearn to possess or have something", and this certainly sounds like areas being coveted.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2015, 01:46 PM
    Why do I hear about gangs fighting over the same area? One gang wants to possess another gangs area. Covet means "yearn to possess or have something", and this certainly sounds like areas being coveted.
    There's nothing special (buildings, statuary, valuable land, etc.) to "covet." The gangs are into control of territory, like when my little brother and I fought over how much space each of us had in the back seat of the car. I was bigger and stronger, so I always won. Same with gangs -- the bigger and stronger ones win and control more territory. That might mean more shops to rob, more kids to get hooked on drugs, more people who fear them. The "coveting" is the power and control. Nothing for idle strangers to risk their lives to gawk at.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 13, 2015, 02:10 PM
    Are you really that dense? As Wondergirl said its about control. Control of the drug trade for one. Did you ever see the Godfather movies? Street gangs are only different from organized crime families in their level of sophistication. It has nothing to do with the value of property.
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2015, 02:36 PM
    Did you grow up in a Convent or in some remote place on earth without the news? If you ask that question you must have because its hard to find ANYONE in the USA that does not Know that The Bronx, Harlem, Southside of Chicago, SE Washington DC, and South Central LA are the Worst places in the entire USA.

There is NOTHING worth seeing and NOTHING of value in South Central LA... not even the people there.

Sep 13, 2015, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    There's nothing special (buildings, statuary, valuable land, etc.) to "covet." The gangs are into control of territory, like when my little brother and I fought over how much space each of us had in the back seat of the car. I was bigger and stronger, so I always won. Same with gangs -- the bigger and stronger ones win and control more territory. That might mean more shops to rob, more kids to get hooked on drugs, more people who fear them. The "coveting" is the power and control. Nothing for idle strangers to risk their lives to gawk at.
    Thanks. It's seems like answering a question in a cordial fashion is sadly lacking with many others.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2015, 04:59 PM
    Thanks. It's seems like answering a question in a cordial fashion is sadly lacking with many others.
    It's maybe a power and control thing, i.e., patriarchal. ;-)
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2015, 05:10 PM
    Tell you what... you want Cordial. OK... Wear your best clothes to make an Impression... go through South Central and check out the sunset.

If you survive it... let us know.

We are being cordial... we are trying to keep you from getting robed, beaten, shot or Killed. We could tell you, go ahead and enjoy yourself..its safe and all the gang bangers are just misunderstood. But we didn't.

Your plans border on suicidal... and are without a doubt, ill conceived, dangerous, and completely unrealistic.

But if you want to ignore everyone's very proper and very accurate advice. People who clearly know far more about the real world than you do ( seriously... you have a VERY unrealistic perspective). They call it the Darwin award for a very good reason.

You call it not being cordial... WE call it trying to keep you from doing something monumentally stupid and dangerous for your life and physical well being.

People FROM LA go out of their way to avoid going through there for the very same reasons.

People that don't listen to common sense when its presented NEED a much more blunt approach.

Would you rather have your tender sensibilities offended or become a crime statistic? If you are that thin skinned...you REALLY need to steer clear of that entire area. Because people like you look and act like a victim...and the predators can spot you a mile away because you will attract them like a magnet..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to make limping puppy comfortable until tomorrow's vet visit. Suggestions? [ 12 Answers ]

My 2-month old rescue pup fell yesterday when he squirmed out of my 12-yr old's arms. From her recounting he was only about a foot off the ground, but his paw squarely hit her music stand. He yelped and whimpered for about a minute until he came to me. He settled down right away. She feels...

Does south african husband needs visa to visit uk if wife has european citizenship [ 2 Answers ]

I have Austrian Citizenship, me and my husband want to visit our son in London, does my husband need a visitors visa?

I have an indian passport with uk Work Permit . Need to visit California , USA on vac [ 1 Answers ]

I have an indian passport and I am working in UK with UK work permit. Can I apply for a Visiting visa to visit California, USA for vacation?

View more questions Search