Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gigi715 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Life experience degrees
    I have an earned masters degree and have completed all of my coursework for a doctorate. Are there ANY ACCREDITED collegs or universities that will VERIFY my transcripts and resume information and award a doctorate?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 26, 2007, 07:36 AM
    My first question is why hasn't the university where you were taking your doctorate coursework given you a degree?

A doctorate program is really serious, and most schools will transfer in much of your coursework if it was taken at an accredited college... but before just handing you a degree, they want you in courses at their school so they can determine if you are truly ready for your degree.

I know more about undergraduate requirements than doctoral requirements... but you should check with a local doctoral program to see what their requirements are. Most schools differ... but I think they are all going to ask you why, if you've completed the coursework, you can not get your doctorate from the school where you took the coursework.
    MVCLead Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Feb 28, 2007, 11:03 PM
    Most doctoral programs include a heavy emphasis on the research component of the dissertation as an assessment of extensive learning in a specific discipline. I know of no accredited programs that would issue a doctorate degree based on work from another institution. It would also be highly unlikely for a doctoral program to recognize prior work/life experience in its evaluation of your credentials. At best you might be able to receive an ABD certification from your institution to designate the completion of your course work without the dissertation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Life in heaven or life on earth? [ 21 Answers ]

Given a choice of living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth or living forever in heaven as a spirit, which would you choose?

Degrees for experience [ 4 Answers ]

Are there any Accredited colleges or Universities that give degrees for life experiences? If so what the names of the legitimate ones?

Experience [ 19 Answers ]

I broke up w. my GF the other day and Im not sure why? What I mean is, nothing was wrong really, we didn't fight, we got along well, physically things were great. I just wasn't content with the feeling of having a "luke warm" relationship.. and I felt like it was affecting my career or...

Life Experience Degree Program [ 4 Answers ]

Could anyone that has any information about Glendale University and the life experience degree programs it offers Please tell me about it. They state that they are accredited by the National Distance Learning Accreditation Council (N.D.L.A.C.). Any information would be greatly appreciated on the...

View more questions Search