Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dave146 Posts: 161, Reputation: 4

Nov 3, 2008, 11:26 AM
    I do not know how to cope people who bully me for no reason.
    Yesterday some people built up my confidence by 300%...

Then, today I come to school and there he is... the bully. Okay, I say to myself, I dontīt want any conflicts, Iīll just ignore the guy... I go past him... He doesnīt even look at me... After I make ten steps he shouts: How dare you not say hi to me? He comes up to me and gives me a blacker eye. I punch him. He falls down. I turn around and go away. But then, he tackles me from the back, knocks me to the floor...

I just got from the hospital... Another broken finger... God bless him for always breaking stuff on my left arm... At least I can write and even do some typing...

I cannot deal with bullies... I do not understand WHY I am bullied. Why do they hate me? I donīt even provoke them... They are all so hard to cope with!! It is just unfair... I have gone to the principal, but he thinks Iīm making it up...

I am very hurt by this - emotonally. I donīt know what to do... I do not want to have any official conflicts, dealing with the authorities, yet I do not what to do... Should I consider professional help?
    bobloblaw Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Nov 3, 2008, 12:00 PM

Are you kidding? It doesn't matter how old you are, violence is against the law and you have a right to go through the day without being afraid for your safety.

This is assault and battery, and it is against the law. If you are in school and under 18, the school acts "In loco parentis", or in place of a parent, and has a LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY to make sure you are safe and unharmed.

If you are over 18, go right to the police and file a police report.

You need to 1. report this to the police, 2. tell your parents.

I know you're afraid of being teased by other people for "telling" - when I was in school and got teased, I was afraid of this too.

But guess what? No one will physically hurt you again if you make an example of this guy. Also, if this guy is picking on you, don't you think he's doing it to others? Who might not be able to stand up for themselves as well as you?

Please report this to your parents, the police and the principle.
    Remember, Bullies

Here's some more info:
    Long Term Effects of School Bullying
    Anti Bullying Website Empowers Teens
    School Bullying

There's even a lawyer who deals with school bullies: Phoenix Arizona Victims Rights Lawyer Sara J. Powell | Child Abuse, Sexual Assault, Battery, Homicide

Lastly, don't fight back with your hands. Fight back with your words. He's a bully because he needs to feel powerful, and trying to make up for something in his life that is causing him distress - maybe he gets beat up at home, or is emotionally abused. When you come back with a smart answer, it makes him look like what he is - a big stupid bully.

Good luck, hang in there, and don't take any physical abuse. You deserve better.

Nov 3, 2008, 12:06 PM

So you think I should go strait to the authorities... could this go to court?

Nov 3, 2008, 12:08 PM
    My dad is a lawyer, he can deal with this good.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Nov 3, 2008, 12:25 PM

But it sounds like he threw the first punch, not the bully.
    I have dealt with people like this on the job, who get their nose out of joint if you don't greet them, and I tell them, I have a Constitutional right to remain silent. If they don't like it, they can talk to my lawyer. And after you have told them you have a lawyer, they legally have to talk to your lawyer, not you, or you can sue them. But you can't threaten to sue them and not follow through, or that would be harassment. So get a lawyer to write a letter on your behalf. Often this is all it takes.

Nov 3, 2008, 12:28 PM

But its probably not good if my dad writes the letter as the lawyer.

And how should I give the letter to them?

Nov 3, 2008, 12:32 PM

Oh, I didn't give the first punch... He gave me a "blacker" eye... I already have black eyes and he likes giving black eyes, but I covered it with make-up so that it didn't look so stupid. I would never throw the first punch. Im not that type of person.

Nov 3, 2008, 12:33 PM

Conflict of interest would only be important if your lawyer was his Dad, or maybe he can send it from his firm without using his name, if the bully even knows his/your last name. You could send it to the school office, often they have a legal department, or just have your lawyer contact the school directly.

Nov 3, 2008, 12:51 PM

Good. Thanks for the advice. I will try to solve this problem as best as I can. My dad is coming home from Europe tomorrow, I will consult with him right away :)

Nov 3, 2008, 12:57 PM

Good luck, I've got to get offline now but keep us all posted!

Nov 3, 2008, 12:59 PM

Dave, getting your dad involved is an excellent choice. Has he not asked about your black eyes? Keep us updated, OK?

Nov 3, 2008, 01:24 PM

Sure :)

I like to cover my black eyes with make up so that I do not look like a total idiot... but he knows about my first broken finger (I didn't mention I have TWO broken fingers, not just this one most recent one)

Nov 4, 2008, 10:45 AM

You need to get school, cops, SOMEBODY involved as soon as anything happens. Otherwise it will be only your word against his about how or where your injuries happened.

Nov 4, 2008, 12:13 PM

Okay, I'm sending an official letter from my lawyer to school tomorrow. He wasn't at school today... what can that mean?
    kris_12345 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 04:34 PM

Dude rite I got bullied for sometime when I was little but all of that changed when I knocked the biggest one out if I was you I would knock him sensless honestly telling a teacher or what ever don't do anything just have the confidence to batter him once you've done that they'll all leave you alone if you don't think your up to it then take up martial arts or something.. some people say that violence is not the answer but in some cases it is... hope it helps and just remember you don't have to use this advice.. but it worked for me ;)

Nov 6, 2008, 11:59 AM

Too late. I'm taking him to court for body damage - yesterday, the doctor said I won't be able to move my left hand middle finger: only a bit. That means: hard time typing, hard time swimming and many more difficulties in every day life.
    kris_12345 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 04:57 AM
    Good for you man good luck! :)

Nov 11, 2008, 11:26 AM

oh, im so glad. Im so happy for you. What are other people at school saying? I would think that's awsome if it happened when I was in school. I bet bullies will think twice now before messing with people. You did the right thing.

Nov 12, 2008, 12:49 PM

Yeah, now I'm the coolest guy in school... thanks for all your support gguys. I sure did the right thing.
    kjoy82 Posts: 33, Reputation: 11

Dec 15, 2011, 06:55 AM
    Hey... I grew up having the same problem... I actually lost it one day and I did started fighting back. And never stopped.
    My parents went to my school and told the school that this was what I was taught to do. That I NEVER started fights and I always did my very best to avoid them.
    Later when I had to go to the office the school knew why I was there and that I was only protecting myself.
    I am only telling you my experience, this is not an answer!
    The first answer that I read from Bobloblaw was the best answer. It is how things need to be done and handled in this world today.
    In fact there were a lot of great answers here for you!!
    Stay focused and stay strong!! You will get through this. I did and so will you...

Stay in touch!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Say it isn't so! I can't believe my son is a bully? [ 5 Answers ]

Help! I received a call from the school principal today. She says that my 9 yr old son is a bully! I'm having a hard time believing it. I mean... he is way more shy than any of my other children. I have a 13 yr old daughter and another son that is 8. This news totally threw me for a loop! ...

Is ignoring the bully the best way to get him to leave me alone? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, This boy at school has been continually nasty to me for the last few weeks, at first I reacted to his comments, but over the last few days I have started to ignore him, Is this the best way to get him to leave me alone? Jack

Relationship with a bully [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have been married to my husband for 21 years. He is hardworking, reliable, generous and kind... at work. At home he is domineering, controlling, unreasonable and a bully. Our relationship has always seen me in a servile role. I adopt this role to keep the peace. I almost feel he enjoys...

Get bully away from my son! [ 15 Answers ]

My son is in 7th grade and he is just letting me know that there is a kid picking on him everyday. I know kids will be kids I do have 3 boys but my son came home today and told me that this kid threw him against the gym lockers today for the fun of it. My son says telling on the kid only makes it...

Stop people thinking of me as a bully boyish girl! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My name is sophie, I am 5'8'' and I am 13. I've never had a b/f io think that is because I act like a brutal boy most of the time and frankly I am sick of it! For years I have been doing this and I don't know how to stop amd make them think diffrently of me. It is getting ot a point...

View more questions Search