Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amariyah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2011, 05:56 PM
    Can I get fired for being sent home for being sick, instead I went to the emergency
    I was working for a temporary service and they found me job at panasonic, Friday they sent me home because I was feeling sick. Instead of going home I went to the emergency. I had an emergency surgery for my gall bladder removed. I called the temp service advise them of my situation and they contacted Panasonic. I called them today to advise them the doctor has not released me and that I have a doctors appointment on Thursday. Kelly services called me back and advised me that Panasonic had to release me. Before I left Friday I asked them if I could come back on Monday they told me that I could come back to work once the doctor released me. Now Panasonic has terminated me. I didn't have any write ups.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 5, 2011, 06:26 PM
    Yes, you have no contract, and also was working for a company though a temp or contract agency. They can stop your work ( or fire you) at anytime for any or no reason.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be fired for being out sick? [ 2 Answers ]

Can I be fired? I was sick on Monday for my day shift. Got a doctor's note. I felt better at nighttime. I am a drummer and felt fine later on that night to play a show. Can I get fired?

Fired for being sick [ 4 Answers ]

I have just been fired for being sick and want to know if it is legal without warning. She said it was for being sick, and then when I said I wasn't sure she could fire me for being sick she changed it to my record. Either way, can she fire me for being sick, or for my record, without any...

Can you be fired for being sick [ 4 Answers ]

Is a Employer within their rights? Can you be fired for being sick? My employer claims If he does not receive a doctor's excuse for one day off sick on which is an unpaid day, that I will be fired. Is he with in his legal labor law rights? From Williamsport Pennsylvania

Fired for being sick because [ 2 Answers ]

I am 21 years old and I work(ed) full time at an assembly plant. Early this week I became ill, notified my employer, visited doctor, who in turn told me to stay home for 3-5 days before returning to work. Dr filled out a note for my employer. My employer called me at home 2 days ago, and...

I am being fired for being sick [ 13 Answers ]

I have been at my job for nearly two years. I have suffered from stomach and bowel problems since 10/07. After missing a lot of work from this illness, ER visits, doctor visits, etc. I was finally diagnosed with intermittent bowel obstructions due to a large abdominal hernia. I went out on leave...

View more questions Search