Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnjt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2005, 02:28 PM
    Help with Weedeater
    Hello,
    I have a weedeater LT-7000, that has been giving me trouble lately, it runs real rough and wants to stall at full throttle, after cleaning the carb, muffler and port,and air filter,I recently discovered the fuel lines that run through the gas tank are broken inside the tank and I am not sure on how I can feed the new fuel lines through the tank,
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2005, 06:10 PM
    Well, as long as you know the routing... well they go in, and go in tight, so they seal as well... cut the end of the gasline at a angle, and it will go in easier, once you get it in, one should be the return, one for the fuel filter, fish the filter line in, and pull it out with some needle noses, and attach the filter and put it into the tank.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2005, 06:14 PM
    Pick up the right size tubing meant to be used as gas line. Remove the old line, and anything you have to to get access to where the line goes through the wall of the gas tank. The tubing is soft, and you can force it through the hole, which is a little undersized. You may have to cut the end on a slant and grab the tip you can get through with a pair of pliers.

It there are any leaks in the line at all, it will suck air instead of gas, and you will be lucky to even get it started.
    johnjt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2005, 06:53 AM
    Thanks to both of you for the reply, I am actually trying to fish the same origininal tubes through again, thinking they are still long enough to work, I've tried soaking them in oil as I try to push them through, tried sticking a piece of tie wire through it as I push it through, even tried sticking the tubes in the freezer overnight thinking it might shrink enough to make it through the holes but no go, I might end up boring out the holes slightly, then caulk them back up as a last resort, if anyone has any other tips or tricks I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2005, 10:11 AM
    By all means no, don't try to use the old line, its past its life span by cracking off. The manufacturer should sell a full kit, gaslines and filter, and is mostly very cheap.
    mpevans Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2008, 01:46 AM
    Ohh, Ohh! I know this one! This is easy. Cut the fuel line on a 45 degree angle, and get a 6 gage solid brass or copper wire, and make a "hook" on one end about 1/4 inch long. Use the wire to preforate the tip of the fuel line you just cut, and insert the hook into it, crimping down on your hook with pair of pliers to make it "bite" into the tube. Feed the wire through the appropriate hole on top of the tank, and out the filler end. The hose is tuff stuff, so pull on the wire, and the hose will readily follow. You will feel the resistance as the hose slides through the slightly smaller hole, but hang onto the wire until the hose comes out the filler neck. Detatch the wire from the hose, and trim the hose to a neat, square end, and then attach either the filter (to the bigger hose) or the valve (to the smaller hose). When you attach the valve, you will need to draw it back into the tank a little, but just stuff the filter back into the tank, even if it seems like it's got a little bit of extra hose on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WeedEater FeatherLite [ 5 Answers ]

I have a WeedEater FeatherLite gas trimmer and last weekend it just stopped working as I it was in use. I tried to start it up and the pull string won't move an inch. Any ideas as to how to fix this? Thanks

Weedeater Featherlite Plus help [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all I have a Weedeater Featherlite Plus and has been a good tool to me. I have a problem, though. Lately, when I crank the weedeater up and place the lever from half choke to full choke, the weedeater goes from its usual roar, to a hum, even when I push the throttle down all the way, and...

Hedgehog Weedeater [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GrassHog model #GH 600 ( Black and Decker ) electric weedeater that recently quit feeding and seems like the line is starting to shred from heat?? Any suggestions?? :confused: :)

Featherlite weedeater [ 1 Answers ]

My mother has this weedeater and wanting to do something nice for her I was going to us it and weed eat around her place. The thing is this doesn't look like the weedeaters I'm used to I can't find out how to get the bloody line in. My mom not knowing either. I read about it being bump and go,...

Weedeater [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Weedeater model XT 20T. A month ago when it last worked the engine would konk out. I was able to finish the job after several restarts. Finally wouldn't start at all. I replaced the deteriated fuel line, put a new spark plug in it, used fresh gas, and cleaned the air filter. Still...

View more questions Search