Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newenglandcs Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2005, 01:05 PM
    An old animated film with dogs that used doors that were like portals??
    I have been searching for this movie for some time now. I remember watching it when I was between 7-12 years old... I'm 24 now, no I'm not going through a mid-life crisis.

-This movie or possibly a cartoon series was made sometime in the 80's or very early 90's.

Story: From what I remember, the plot of this cartoon involved several dogs, at least 3 or 4. One of the dogs could smell a hidden door, it may have been the same dog, but one of the dogs also had a bunch of keys. That dog would then insert the key into the keyhole(which wouldn't appear until after the key was in) and then the entire door would appear.

The doors were some kind of portals to other places. I don't think it took them to a different time, just a different place.

Besides that, I can remember one of the dogs(possibly the leader/head dog) getting adopted by some young boy.

Also, it may have been the beginning, but I'm not sure. I believe that the movie started with the dog that can find/smell the doors/portals and the leader dog standing on the ledge of some mountain really high up. The "smeller" dog smelled a door that was "so many" feet away from the ledge. The leader dog had to trust the smeller dog and the dog that had the key jumped off the ledge and got the key into the keyhole, unlocking the door and the dogs made it off the ledge safely. They may have been running from someone/something/or the evil villain in the movie, that I'm not sure of.

I would appreciate any information about this cartoon movie. I believe it is a movie, but it was so long ago that I don't remember if it was a movie or cartoon series. A title would be ideal, but any info anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    barbarella Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2005, 07:23 PM
    OH my god Oh my god! You've just triggered a flow of memories, I remember every scene you've described but not the title, I'm sure it's a movie. Now you've got me obsessed! Were the dogs different colours? God nostalgia feels good!
    barbarella Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2005, 09:35 PM
    They're called the Fluppy Dogs!! My mum can remember the movie! She doesn't know if that's what the movie was called but she know's that was their name. She says they were dogs from another world and used to wear their ears tied in pigtails. Google the name and you'll get heaps of hits. IT doesn't look as exciting as I remember it though.
    newenglandcs Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2005, 02:13 PM
    The name didn't ring a bell, but once I searched for it, I found pictures.
    Everyone I asked about the movie said I was nuts. Thank you so much for helping me.

You have put my mind at ease.

Now I have to try to find this on DVD. =)

Thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doors [ 2 Answers ]

What is the opening size I need to cut when installing a prehung door on a wall?

New front doors [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to replace the front doors and hinges without replacing the entire door casing? We are interested in replacing the front doors and are looking for an inexpensive way of doing it. :confused:

Animated Film Of The 80's [ 2 Answers ]

This One Is Partly Animated And Partly Not, All I Remember Is This Little Boy That Ends Up Going Down Into The Ocean Or Just A Lake Or Whatever And It Is This New Land And He Has So Much Fun, I Can't Remember I Think He Might Have Became A Fish But Maybe Not, But He Had This Magical Day In The...

Prehung Doors [ 2 Answers ]

I have several doors areas framed out in my basement with the ceiling being low because of vents. In several of these areas doors will be installed. I am looking to install split jamb prehung interior doors but there is approximately only 1 to 1 1/2 inch of header to the ceiling. In other words the...

Help me. 80's animated show/movie about two dogs that travel by space shuttle [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I remember this cartoon from when I was a kid about these two dogs that traveled by space shuttle at night. I remember the opening for it a little and it was of a log cabin in the middle of the woods and this space shuttle that would hover over the cabin to pick up the dogs. The dogs...

View more questions Search