Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karpaasi Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jan 15, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Problems upgrading programmable thermostat
    I'm upgrading from an "unknown" older analog thermostat to a Honeywell RTH7400 programmable for our heat. The old thermostat had only two wires hooked up, red and green. This must be a single stage unit, since we have a separate thermostat to control A/C (heat pump). The heat is a gas furnace.

The red is in the R slot, which is jumped to Rc. Green is in the G slot. I get no results with the FAN AUTO. With FAN ON, the heat works, but runs constantly with disregard to the temperature setting.

Three other wires, blue, yellow and white were not being used.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Karpaasi Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jan 16, 2007, 06:46 AM
    After some additional tinkering around, I was able to figure out the issue. The green wire needed to go in the W slot. I thought I had already tried that based on some previous advice here, but maybe the connections weren't good.

Problem solved!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Programmable Thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

Hello guys... I have 2 programmable thermostat in my hand, one is Noma (Canadian Tire) and the other is RiteTemp (Home Depot), and my wife and I have a split decision on which one to use. I just want to ask some experts here or some people who have used the Noma Programmable Thermostat some...

Programmable Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Problem with thermostat losing it's power and reseting

Programmable thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a programmable thermostat , but the digital readout says 24.5 degrees all the time. The readout does not change when the temp in the house does. Any suggestions? Markus

Upgrading to programmable ac/heating thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

I am replacing an old thermostat for ac/heating. There are 5 wires red, white, orange, black, green. My new unit (Noma programmable thermostat). The instructions indicate points of connection using red, white, yellow, green. My confusion is, where do I connect orange and black, because there...

Problems installing a programmable thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, Just got a Honeywell RTH230B programmable thermostat to replace the old one. I have a gas furnace. I uninstalled the old thermostat and found three wires: Red, connected to terminal marked "R" White, connected to terminal marked "W" Green, connected to terminal marked "B" I was a...

View more questions Search