Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachaelblood Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2008, 07:51 PM
    The depo shot
    OK if you take the shot before you have sex right.

But you just had a baby.an you had sex the next time you have the shot will it kill your baby if your pregdnet?or not make you pregdnet?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 14, 2008, 07:52 PM
    I'm sorry, I don't quite understand your question.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 03:10 PM
    As J_9 said, your question is not totally clear... :) Are you wondering if you could have gotten pregnant before the next shot and whether it could harm the baby if you did happen to become pregnant? Or that you didn't have the shot before, you had sex and you wonder if maybe you were pregnant when the shot was given?

Not sure if this helps but... either way... with the depo injection, the first shot is given right before or during a period... after you have been tested for pregnancy. If you take the next shot in the time frame that you should, then you are still protected. If you waited too long, and it is now passed the time that you should have had it, then ideally you will be tested for pregnancy again before getting the next shot.

If your doctor didn't do a pregnancy test, because you just had a baby, they still really should have before giving you the injection. Probably not likely you were pregnant, depending on how recently you gave birth, but as a precaution it would have been wise.

It won't kill the baby, as it does sometimes happen that people get pregnant even when the injections are taken on time (no birth control offers 100% protection). Of course you would want to check with your doctor if you suspected you became pregnant.

Aug 15, 2008, 06:39 PM
    How much is an abortion?
    Hey do you know if you have to pay for an Abortion when your 17 years old while you just had a baby?Also in New York?

Aug 15, 2008, 06:45 PM
    The after pill
    Hey how many days after having sex can you take the after pill?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2008, 06:50 PM
    Of course the longer you wait, the less effective it is, normally not after 3 days
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Yes, unless you have insurance that will pay for it, you will have to pay for the medical procedure..

Sep 2, 2008, 04:42 AM
    Can I be pregnant ?
    I took the deop shot last month right after I had my baby right but I had sex right like not even aweek after I had the baby and I wanted to know fiyour prednet right after you have a baby and took the shot if you would still have your period if your prednet.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 2, 2008, 04:46 AM
    >Threads Merged<
    They are all dealing with the same subject
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 2, 2008, 06:22 AM
    You need a wake call girl. You just had a baby, apparently out of wedlock, You are living at home where your family wants to take the child from you and you have sex again just after giving birth?

What the heck are you thinking?? Or is it that you aren't thinking. Makes me wonder if your family is making up what they are saying (see other thread) or not. You are seriously in need of some sort of counseling.

And before you get PREGNANT again, at least learn how to spell it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo shot [ 3 Answers ]

I had my first shot two month ago also. I am scheduled to go back on Oct 17 also. I, too have been bleeding continually for 35 days and counting. Is this normal... too bleed continually.. not spoting... but continually like a regular period? Should I go back to see my doctor?

Depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone been on the depo-provera shot? If so do you have to get the shot only during your period or can you get it after your period?

Depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get preganet on depo and how do I go about it

Depo shot [ 3 Answers ]

So.. I am 14 about to be 15 in 5 days and me and my boyfriend want a baby. I don't need put downs people I juss need advice. We have had a miscarriage cz the baby grew in the wrong tube but, my mom made me get on the depo-shot and I have been on it for about 4 months and I go back for my next...

Getting off the depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am 28 years old and getting ready to get married to a wonderful man.:p I was on the depo shot for 3 years and I have now been off it for about 6 weeks, maybe not quite that long, but I have had bleeding for the past 5 weeks and it is driving me crazy. It will tease me, I will go all...

View more questions Search