Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommyofall3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2008, 08:48 AM
    Depo shot
    Has anyone been on the depo-provera shot? If so do you have to get the shot only during your period or can you get it after your period?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 12:20 PM
    The first shot is given during your period to know that you aren't already pregnant... usually a pregnancy test will be done before you get it as an added precaution. Each shot afterwards can be given within about a 2 week window, but if you go passed 13 weeks, you will likely, and should, be checked for pregnancy before getting the next injection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get preganet on depo and how do I go about it

Going off the Depo Shot [ 2 Answers ]

I have only had 3 shots and I have gained about 15 pounds. I have also become moody and my periods seem to last weeks while I was on it, although they got lighter every time. I decided to go off it because I was not comfortable with myself. I didn't feel like me. I have always been semi-active and...

The depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was on the depo shot for only 3 months I was bleeding in between those 3 months. I haven't got the depo anymore but I've been bledding for a week is that normal.

Depo shot [ 2 Answers ]

Well I got the shot in December and stpd gettng it in may of this year and I have had periods since then but I have been having sex and we use protctin excpt once but I know I cldn be from that time because he didn't have you know.. I'm kind of worried I mite be pregnt or if it the shot making them...

Getting off the depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am 28 years old and getting ready to get married to a wonderful man.:p I was on the depo shot for 3 years and I have now been off it for about 6 weeks, maybe not quite that long, but I have had bleeding for the past 5 weeks and it is driving me crazy. It will tease me, I will go all...

View more questions Search