Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    panchan114 Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Apr 15, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Shadow people
    Hi I'm new here so I'm just going to get to it. I'm 18 and in the 12th grade. I get out of school at 12:30 everyday. When I come home and watch t.v I sometimes see shadows move across the corner of my eye. When I look it's gone. No objects have been moving on there own or anything of that sought but I just see these " shadows". It started in January of this year. I'm the only one who sees it or them. So I want to know am I being haunted or am I sensitive? And what should I do so I won't be scared all the time. Mind you it happens during the day since I'm the only one home at the time.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2007, 10:27 AM
    Pan, what you are experiencing is not something paranormal. Actually it happens to me when I am alone and watching t.v. too.

First, you are alone and very aware of it. It makes you a bit nervous and concerned about what will happen if someone just shows up out of the blue and you are by yourself. You are just more "on alert" than you would normally be when your folks are home.

Second, where are you watching TV? Is there any glass, such as windows, mirrors, computer screens,. basically anything in which light and movement can be reflected? Sometimes the images from the t.v. very faintly reflect and bounce off anything that will reflect it.

Does this make sense to you?

Apr 15, 2007, 10:34 AM
    All the room are connected. When you walk in it's the kitchen in front of the door. Turn to your left it's the living room. The right it's wall. Connected to the living room is my moms room on the right. Then to their's my room where it happens. Their's two windows that which you can see out to the other buildings. I line in an apartment in Manhattan NY. There's a rope hang from one window and I have a cat who sometimes stop and just stare at something and then goes a/b jis business. So I don't know
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2007, 10:38 AM
    So, is it in one area specific area that you see these things out of the corner of your eye or more? Can you tell me exactly what is at the corner of your line of vision when you are watching TV? Is it one of the windows? Is it the rope? Is it a framed picture?

Apr 15, 2007, 10:43 AM
    It's the window with the rope that I see and my bed is in my view too. In between theris my drawers .then theirs a window near my bed. The other window with the rope I see the shadows near is next to the door of my brothers room which is a walk-in-closet made bedroom. It seems that the shadows move from the middle of the room (which is my line of vision ) into my brothers room kind of. Sometimes it's black and sometimes it's like a crystal blue or somey white. Mainly black. It only happens in my room and to me only. My little sister ( 5) and my mom(49) don't see it when their home. My mom and I are kind of close depends on the situation.
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Pan, I would hazard a guess that it is the movement of the rope that is playing tricks with your mind. If this only happens when you are watching TV and/or focusing on something else, any movement at the corner of your line of vision is going to create this effect. I am not kidding you when I tell you that it happens all the time to me. I know there is nothing inside or outside. It is caused from any movement and reflected light.

Apr 15, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Okay but one time I could swear I saw a girl and when she looked at me I looked at her for a split second it happened. When I turned to see she was gone. She was all white and was wearing a white head wrap and a dress or skirt. I didn't see her face thet clearly but I swore it was a girl. It only happened once it was lat week on Wednesday. It never happened since.
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Well, my dear, you didn't mention THAT before. Do you watch a lot of shows about the supernatural and stuff like that?

Apr 15, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Well no because I'm terrified of anything like this. When it comes to anime and cartoons I'm fine but any shows like unsolved mysteries or is it real? Hauntins I stay away from.I'm fine with cartoons and anime it's nothing but I don't like watching other shows with it. And also I get chills and it's perfectly fine in the room no one else gets chills. My mom said take advil you might be getting sick I do but it keeps happenening and sometimes my arm or leg gets cold and I'm not sitting near the window in the living room. Then one time in februaryit was very warm in my house because the weather and I was sitting on the couch and I felt like someone was lightly breathing on me making the area around ne hotter. When I moved it moved and it was in my face. My grandmother died last year and I never met her before so is she tryng to contact me?
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2007, 11:18 AM
    If you never met your grandmother, why would she suddenly start to contact you now? That doesn't seem logical to me.

I don't know what it could be but my guess is it is nothing to be afraid of. It doesn't seem to be anything that wants to harm you. Seems to something that is more curious than threatening. Kind of cool actually. Try talking to it and telling it that it is scaring you and that you would appreciate it if they would stop.

Apr 15, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Before my mother died she asked my mom about me so I guess perhaps she just checking on us I don't know but if it happens again with the shadows I'll see what happens when I tell it stop scaring me.
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Well, maybe it is her then. Yes, see what happens next time. Post back and let me know the results. :)

I have to run now. I catch up with you later.

Apr 15, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Kay
    luvmy_3_angels Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Apr 15, 2007, 06:08 PM
    I don't know if you belieev in God or not, but I have been having several things happening to me in the last several years. We've lived in our apartment for three years and things just keep getting stranger and stranger. I still get scared, very scared, but I pray to God to keep me and my family safe and not to let anything harm us, so I believe he will protect us. I still stay freaked out, but I calm down enough to know it can't harm us because we have God watching over us. Try praying and just telling God that you're scared and want his protection. Also, I'm not saying it's nothing supernatural or anything, but even if it is and you're scared all the time, your mind will start playing tricks on you and you will become more scared and see everything then, that you normally wouldn't notice and it'll freak you out even more. I would just pray about it. If there's ghosts, surely there's a God, right?

Apr 15, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Yes I believe in god. My mom raised me as roman catholic, but then last year I got baptized christian so I'm christian now.I stopped going to church after 4th grade because it was long masses and I always went to sleep. But anyway last year after getting baptized I would go to the church were I got baptized and I would pray before bed but it was required by the elders to see whether you are following. Then I got caught up in school and didn't bother going. Now after this has been happening I have been praying every night and I feel a little better but I still get scared from the smallest thing and my tummy gets that nervous jumpy feeling.

Apr 15, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Now any good prayers I can do? Something easy that I can remember I usually just say what ever comes to mind.
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 03:52 AM
    Hi panchan. I was offline yesterday and probably won't be around much this week, so I just wanted to touch base with you. Any prayers that come to mind are good. All prayers have the same effects and results. One is not better than another, so you just say whatever you feel and pray to God.:)

Apr 17, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Okay. Now I'm a lot calm and it's not bothering me I guess it was just the light and rope from the windows.I'm not afraid anymore but I'm still alert.
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 10:25 AM
    That's good. Always be alert honey. Always know what is happening around you. Less chance for making mistakes. ;) As you get older, you will know what I mean. Pay close attention to everything going on around you. People will always take advantage when you aren't being watchful. Glad I was still online when you just logged back. I have to log off. Will catch up with you when I can. :)

Apr 17, 2007, 10:47 AM
    Thanks see you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why do some people say? [ 5 Answers ]

I am wondering why some people say to use condoms when girls give you head?

For people [ 3 Answers ]

Hello people! I'm a student, I like sport very much. I play football, volleybal, ping-pong and basketball not bad. Also I like to cycle very much. I have a bad bicycle and I want to buy a new bike, but I haven't enough money because mountain bike(on this type of bicycle you can not only ride, but...

Hello people [ 1 Answers ]

Does any body here know how to reformat a PC?

View more questions Search