Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maggie08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 05:44 PM
    system equations
    What is x and y in the system equation -x-3y=-4 and 3x+5y=16?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2007, 10:26 PM
    Multiply your first equation by 3, then add your equations together. You'll get an answer for y, then you can use this answer to derive x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rewrite equations as balanced chemical equations [ 8 Answers ]

Magnesium chloride yield sulfur dioxide Calcium carbonate yields calcium oxide plus carbon dioxide Nitrogen plus hygrogen yield ammonia Hydrochloric acid plus sodium hydroxide yield sodium chloride plus water

Smoke extract system & staircase press. System [ 2 Answers ]

I am working for a 35 storey tower. There are smoke extract and staircase/lift lobby pressurisation system in case of fire. Now consultant has already given the CFM required for these Fans, but I have to submit the calculations for the same to the Local Govt. authority. So please help me if...

Word Problem for 3 variable system of equations [ 4 Answers ]

Solve the system to find how many athletes finished in each place. Lawrence High prevailed in Saturdays track meet with the help of 20 individual-event placers earning a combined 68 points. A first place finish earns 5 points, a second place earns 3 points, and third place earns 1 point. ...

System of equations [ 1 Answers ]

how do you solve this problem for system of equations? 0.2x=0.5y=0.1 0.4x-0.2y=-1

View more questions Search