Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BN61239 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2007, 02:54 PM
    Stuck in the back of my THROAT?
    Yesturday I was eating popcorn at my friends house. After that it felt like there was a piece of the popcorn (the hard shell part) stuck in the back of my throat. I kept drinking water and it still feels like it's there. It started right after I ate popcorn. It just feels like something's back there stuck there and when I swallow I notice it most but when I don't swallow it still feels like there is something back there. It doesn't hurt, it just is getting annoying, any helpful tips on getting this out? I don't think it's a sore throat, because it JUST started after I ate popcorn. My mom looked in the back of my throat and she didn't see anything and that I might've just scratched it and now its irratated. Please respond!
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 02:56 PM
    Oh god I remember thαt hαppening to me-- I put my hαnd in the bαck of my throαt -- which led me to vomit--eww but it worked.. other thαn thαt you could gαrgle -- α lot.. sorry hun thαt's αll I cαn give you

Good luck to yα girlie<3

Aug 3, 2007, 04:36 PM
    I tried gurgling but it won't come out. Might I have scratched it and its just irratated now, it just started yesturday? But it makes me concerned.
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Aug 3, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Sounds like you probably scratched it, if it doesn't feel better in a few days I recommend you go to a ear,nose,throat DR.

Aug 3, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Yeah it kind of feels like I scratched it. When I swallow it's a very light pain, I think I must've scratched it eating something. I cough a lot, could that have anything to do with it?
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 06:10 PM
    Yeα you mαybe dαmαged some of your vocαl cords-- or whαtever the little thingies αre cαlled-- try not to cough so much-- it'll heαl over time but if the pαin gets worse go to the doc.

Aug 4, 2007, 08:25 AM
    Could it be a sore throat? I have been sneezing a little bit today.
    scac Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2007, 06:59 PM
    Well, maybe you need to just gargle some water, you know, Drink water and then tilt your head back and gargle, It some times works, and I know your feeling

Aug 4, 2007, 08:49 PM
    It feels more like a sore throat. I think I might've scratched it. Has anyone else ever scratched there throat before? How long should I wait until I go to the doctor?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 4, 2007, 09:01 PM
    I've done that with popcorn too. Popcorn hulls sometimes have sharp, pointy corners that can scrape your gums or throat. Slowly eat a piece of bread. That's my mom's method of getting rid of something that might be poked into your skin. A scratch will have to heal.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 09:19 PM
    If it does happen to be a pop-corn husk, don't wait too long to get some one to check it for you. It could become irritated and might be a place that an infection could enter your body.
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

Aug 4, 2007, 09:48 PM
    Try some Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray see if that helps. That should help with the pain if it is a sore throat until it heals. I would give it about 2 days, if it is not any better you should go to the doctor to check for something being stuck in the lining of your throat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strep throat after tonsillectomy? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, Is it likely or possible for a person/child to get strep throat again after having a tonsillectomy? I thought "strep throat" was the same thing as "tonsillitis".. . no more tonsils, no more strep throat..?

Itchy Inner Ear and Throat [ 30 Answers ]

You know how your throat will itch way inside to the upper right or left, and you can't itch it? Well, that's what mine is doing, along with the constant itching of my inner ear. I can't reach the itch and it's driving me crazy! It's been going on for 2 days now. I also can feel my inner ear...

Sore throat [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is katie. And I have had a sore throat that comes and goes all the time. I get white spots that come off and smell. But now it hurts in the middle of my throat and all the time, my ears hurt off and on. But then again ihave tmj so when my jaw hurts my ears hurt. Is my throat something to...

Sore throat for 5 weeks [ 4 Answers ]

I was on 3 series of antibiotics for ringing in my ear over a period of 4 weeks and then finished them. A week later white spots appeared on my throat and tonsils but no pain for the first week. The first day I noticed the white spots I went into MedPoint and a doctor prescribed Augmentin (another...

Wisdom tooth and sore throat [ 6 Answers ]

Yesterday my lower right wisdom tooth started hurting. It was so bad that tensing my jaw in any way, eating and talking hurt. When I got up this morning my throat was (and still is) very sore, it hurts to swallow and when itry and open my mouth it hurts, and feels Very stiff. Is this normal or am I...

View more questions Search