Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smb21403 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Weight gain
    My dog is very small she is 28 lbs and she is 6 months old I have a pitbull I wanted to know what could I feed her so that she could gain weight or is there any weight gain supplements that she could take her ribs are visible she looks sick her doctor said just keep food her her bowl but no improvement and she is well no sickness
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

Jun 17, 2008, 08:39 PM
    Does she eat normally? Any vomiting?
    I am assuming she has had stool checks for parasites, blood work to rule out liver or kidney problems?
    Is she eating a good balanced puppy food?
    Some dogs are just "poor dooers" but I wouldn't count on that until I had ruled out everything else that could cause failure to gain weight. You may want to consider a second opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Weight gain on dog [ 9 Answers ]

I have gotten a 2 year old rescue dog, he was basically in a cage for the first 2 years of his life. He now has a large yard to run in. He runs in a figure 8 in the back of the yard, and runs as fast as he can for hours. I have to bring him inside sometimes to get him to stop running. From all...

Need to GAIN weight [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a 15 year old freshmen. I weigh about 115 lb (53 kg approx.) and I am about 163 cm (not sure in inches/ft.). It seems to me as I am bone, flesh, and muscle (I am not a stick). I can call myself an athletic person.. I guess, because I have got the presidential award, I'm in the varsity...

Weight gain [ 3 Answers ]

I recently rescued a severely malnourished shepherd type 6 month old puppy. He lived his whole life in a very small crate, he has the hair rubbed off his shoulders from trying to stand in it and his ears don't stand all the way up (but they are better after two weeks). He has been vet checked,...

How to gain weight [ 3 Answers ]

Usually people ask for advice on weightloss but I need advice on weightgain. I don't think I look anorexic but some people say I'm too skinny. I used to weigh more but ever since I got my braces all the weight has gone:( I just want to get some back. People say I looked way better before. I lost my...

View more questions Search