Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    james journeyman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 07:17 PM
    1994 ford f150 won't switch to front gas tank from rear tank
    I have a 1994 ford f150 xl 4.9 straight v6 with dual gas tanks.
    When I try to switch over to the front tank from the rear tank the truck stalls out and won't start. Why is this and how can I fix this problem? <PS> even if I switch over before I even try starting the engine the truck still won't start.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 09:12 PM
    Bad switch
    Bad gas change over solenoid under truck
    Tank plugged up
    itsjb5 Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Does it die out right away or slowly boggs down and dies
    Fuel pump in tank or no power to it? The pump on the frame rail is high pressure pump and isn't able to SUCK the gas out of the tank, it has to get fead from the tank pump.
    They use the pump pressure to switch the tank valve also.
    Dennis151 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2009, 12:22 PM

I have the same problem on my 95 f150 and I only used the rear tank for about a year now and just today the rear started doing the same dang thing, so my truck is down and I haven't figured it out either so if you figuer it out please let me know
    itsjb5 Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2009, 08:07 PM
    Check pump(s) in both tanks... that truck has 3 pumps on it.
    Dennis151 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2009, 06:21 PM

Well ended up replacing both pumps and found a bad ground in the tank on one pump, but got it working
    Good as new...
    davidcraigory Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 06:46 PM
    I have a 92 f150 it now won't start. When I attempt to start it, I hear a clicking sound from the solenoid. I replaced the solenoid and there is still clicking and won't turn over. Put a new battery in and still not turning over... any suggestions on what it can be?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2010, 07:35 AM

davidcraigory, this link may help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235560

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rust in Gas Tank [ 2 Answers ]

I am a small tractor business who sells new and used tractors and equipment. I also work on customers tractors. Well I have a tractor that I am working on that has rust inside the gas tank. I know there is a product you can add to the tank which will help the filter from stopping up and seals...

Pressure tank cut off switch defective? [ 3 Answers ]

When I run too much water in the house the cutoff switch shuts down till I manually flip the lever to get it back running again... we cannot run more than 2 faucets at a time.. any ideas?the switch is roughly 2 months old... turns on around 30 shuts off around 50.. thanks

Rust in gas tank [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there biker people:) I have a 1981 honda 650 that I bought last summer. I paid $300.00 to get a so called tune up and rode it only a couple of months. Trying to fire it up this year has proven impossible. It sat over the winter with gas in the tank( I know bad idea) when I dumped out the...

Low boy GAS hot water tank [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all: Can any one out there help me ? I need a new GAS lowboy hot water tank. I can't seem to locate one. It has to be 48" or less... Thanks a lot Dave

View more questions Search