Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brokenlawnmowerboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2006, 05:57 PM
    I have a murray 17.5 hp I think and the ignition won't work
    I have a murray 17.5 mower and it won't start the when I turn the key nothing happens. The last time it worked it wouldn't start it would buzzzz or make a clicking noise and now it just doesn't do anything.
    If I out a pair of pliers on the 2 silinoid wires the starts moves but won't pop up to start it I neeeeed help and I need some one to answer before the back yard gets toooooo high.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2006, 09:25 PM
    How old is the battery? Over a year to two years is the life... try charging it or replacing it.

Btw, also check the battery connections... if they are corroded... mix some baking soda and water and wash it off the cables and battery, clean it off and let it dry and reconnect them.. little sprits of wd-40 or di-electric grease will keep the corrosion away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It won't work [ 2 Answers ]

My mp3 player uses napster and you hook it up and when I try to download it says no device detected Whys that

Murray 11hp won't start, help please... [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a little bit older model Murray riding lawnmower with the 11hp B&S engine. Im not sure exactly what year or model, the number I got off the engine and entered into B&S's website said it was not found?? But anyway, I have a brand new battery, power cables, solenoid, key ignition and...

Husband won't work [ 8 Answers ]

My husband won't work right now either. He used to make a good salary. He has decided he is going to be a real estate agent. He has been one for 10 months and has contributed 4,000.00 to our expenses this year. We have financial responsibilities like two mortgages, cars, insurance, etc. and I have...

Murray rider won't start [ 8 Answers ]

Ive got a fully charged battery, the starter just chugs a little, Not enough to start it up, and the red connection at the starter Heats up and smokes. Is the starter bad, or do I have electrical problem elsewhere? I think I just replaced the starter last summer. Help?

My guide me.com site won't work [ 6 Answers ]

:-/ Can anyone tell me what can I do to find out why my guide me.com site won't work? I use the guide me.com chat through Yahoo and I keep getting the error page saying the page cannot be found and I may need to adjust my browser settings.. The main Yahoo site works fine for chat and the messenger...

View more questions Search