Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k1j14mom Posts: 108, Reputation: 6

Nov 20, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Constant Headaches
    I lost my job about a month ago and it seems like every since then I get headaches everyday. I get migraines but these headaches are different. I just don't know if I should be worried or not. I have a 3 year old little boy that I take care of now that I am not working and it makes it really hard to get anything done with these headaches. My vision crosses also. I don't want to say anything to my husband because he will just say it is just something else for me to complain about. Sometimes I even see spots but not like you do when you have a migraine mine are blue and I have never had blue spots before. Please help :confused:
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2008, 12:24 PM

Your describing AURA with the spots, so it's definitely migraine.

You may have an additional trigger now which has been described as a "weekend headache". This describes people who are so worked up working that they get a headache when the stress of work dies down.

The added stress of no job also increases the headache popensity.

In liew of seeing a migraine doc, which I am sure your seeing. See if you can find someone who can train you in the art of relaxation exercises. It may just be a psychologist.

Anytime the headache pattern changes you should be evaluated by a professional.
    k1j14mom Posts: 108, Reputation: 6

Nov 21, 2008, 07:57 AM

I get migraines and these are completely different and so constant. I get extremely bad migraines were I actually get slurred speech and numbness on one side or the other and these are just different than I have ever had.
    homebirthmom Posts: 160, Reputation: 15

Nov 21, 2008, 08:28 AM

Migraines can come in many different ways, and what you are describing sounds like a migraine to me, though I am not a doctor.

However, my first thought on this whole matter is if your husband will only think that this is one more thing for you to complain about, then it sounds to me like your husband needs to experience these headaches for a few days and see how long he can go without complaining!!

I have a 2 year old, and taking care of a small child while having severe headaches, be they migraine, or not, is a very difficult task. Talk to your doctor, see if there isn't some sort of thing they can give you on a daily basis to help prevent these. Perhaps you are low on a certain vitamin. A friend of mine goes in once a week for a b12 shot, and they help her migraines stay away for the most part.
    Herb9z Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2008, 09:58 AM

It's possible that you have a magnesium deficiency. It's not easy to get enough magnesium in the diet, and studies show that a large percentage of the population is deficient. Another sign would be high blood pressure.

Being low in Mg can be contributed to by stress.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Nov 22, 2008, 09:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by k1j14mom View Post
    I lost my job about a month ago and it seems like every since then I get headaches everyday. I get migraines but these headaches are different. I just don't know if I should be worried or not. I have a 3 year old little boy that I take care of now that I am not working and it makes it really hard to get anything done with these headaches. My vision crosses also. I don't want to say anything to my husband because he will just say it is just something else for me to complain about. Sometimes I even see spots but not like you do when you have a migraine mine are blue and I have never had blue spots before. Please help :confused:

This may be stress or tension headache given your job loss/change.

Another consideration would be caffeine / tyelenol / ibuprofen rebound headaches. Those you get after stopping regular intake of these substances.

The concerning thing of what you state is the visual change which you would not expect with the above causes.

Don't mean to panic you but, If this continues - see a doctor asap as a stroke, uncontrolled high blood pressure, MS, temporal arteritis enter the list of potential suspects.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Headaches during sex [ 5 Answers ]

I am getting headaches during sexual intercourse or even masturbation anyone have a clue about this?

Constant headaches [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I posed a question once saying I had heart palputations and lose of breath, later on I began to have head aches as well. I went to the doctor and got a blood test my blood came out fine and the heart palputations arnt occurring anymore or not as offten but I'm still getting headaches, now my...

Constant Headaches [ 5 Answers ]

For the past couple of months my boyfriends had been getting headaches like crazy, but only at night. He doesn't really get them during the week but when he is home on the weekends he does. I believe its because he's tired. What could it be?

Constant headaches and vomiting [ 9 Answers ]

Hi there, my girlfriend recently went to the Doctors because of constant headaches and vomiting, then the Doctor got a bit panicky and booked her a hospital appointment for a blood test and said he'd be there as well to take the results. This doesn't seem normal at all, especially for a UK...

Headaches or something else [ 1 Answers ]

My friend has always suffered with headaches even during his childhood. I've talked to him about it and he won't give me any lead as to what is causing them. I don't know much about the headaches, but I do know that he used to have clinic visits for them and he was taking some kind of medicine....

View more questions Search