Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patmontandon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2010, 05:48 PM
    Agreement form for someone who will be living rent free in my home home
    At my invitation, a young couple will be moving into the 3rd level of my home until their financial situation eases. The space has a large living room, a small kitchen that I'm putting in for them, a large walk in-closet, bathroom, bedroom, and access to a laundry room. How can I word an agreement that will protect me and also include a time limit on their stay? What if I should wish to sell my home? How can I protect myself should they have an accident? Am I responsible?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 20, 2010, 05:55 PM

Where do you live? You need to include that info to make sure you comply with the local laws.
    patmontandon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2010, 05:58 PM

I live in Beverly Hills, California
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 20, 2010, 06:14 PM

Is the home listed as multi family that allows you to rent it out.

Even without pay, it is still a rental, just a no payment rental.

You will want a rental agreement that gives you right to have them leave with proper notice, right to change rent to a money rental with proper notice and more.

*** now of course I will say that unless you know them very very well, I would not do this, I have never ever let anyone stay free without it coming back to haunt me.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 20, 2010, 06:21 PM

Keep it simple. State that you are providing so and so lodging in your home until they can afford their own accommodations. That when you feel they are ready you will give them 30 days notice to vacate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I evict a person from my home who lives here rent free and has no lease? [ 3 Answers ]

You have to go through with a formal eviction since he is considered a resident. You have to give him a written notice that his tenancy is terminated and he must vacate within 30 days. If he hasn't left after the 30 days is up then you have to file a lawsuit for eviction.

My son and his girlfriend have been living in my home. . I want her out of my home. [ 2 Answers ]

A year ago I gave them lease papers demanding rent each. Neither one would sign the papers and threw them away. My son has managed to pay almost all of his but the girl friend hasn't even come close. She is a foul mouthed lazy troll. She wakes up yelling every day and calls all of us nasty names....

Tenants living in my home no rent has been paid and 30 day notice given [ 1 Answers ]

Do I have the right to change locks on house after 30 day notice was given and has expir ed tenants did not give me back the keys They have been living in that house for 2 years not paying any rent and no contract was every given between me and them I bought the house let them move in and they...

How can I evict my cousins boyfriend that is living , rent free, with my mom? [ 1 Answers ]

My cousin that lives with me mom has her boyfriend living there. My mom wants him out but he does not want to go. They pay no rent or contrubute in any other way.

View more questions Search