Ask
    sganchan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 01:19 PM
    Difference between mp3 and mp4
    What is the difference between mp3 and mp4 and vcd and dvd
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2006, 01:28 PM
    Both are a matter of formatting. Kind of like .doc vs. . txt. The only significant thing to know is whether your device will play (or open) the formatted file.

I'm more familiar with vcd vs. dvd than I am mp3 vs. mp4:

Vcd stands for Video CD. It's a format that used to be mostly for karaoke, but is now used sometimes with other video material.

Nowadays most dvd players also play vcd.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 16, 2006, 01:56 PM
    Here is a good link explaining the differnces between VCD, XVCD, SVCD, XSVCD and DVD formats:

http://www.videohelp.com/

MP3 is an audio compression format. MP4 is video, similar to MP1 (ued for VCD, XVCD) and MP2 (used for SVCD, XSVCD, DVD).
    yzdigital Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 12:56 AM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mp4 file type. [ 4 Answers ]

Guys where I can download a program or a plug-in to play my mp4 file type? Tnx..

Mp4 player [ 1 Answers ]

Hello friends , Can any body help me out my mp4 player.I am having problem In my fm radio menu it is not playing .It displays messege Hard error.Rest everything is fine. Music,photo,movie etc is working. Thanks

Mp3 or mp4 [ 2 Answers ]

This maybe a stupid question? What is mp3 or mp4? How do you get song on it? Do you have to buy this music? On qvc their was one that play music and take picture and make movie.

Differnce between mp3 & mp4 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know the difference between mp3 and mp4 ? Any useful notes about these format ?

Difference between net MD walkman and MP3 [ 2 Answers ]

What are the differences between net MD walkman and MP3, what are their advantages and disadvantages compare to each other?

View more questions Search