Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nancybody Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 07:10 AM
    How to change ceiling fan remote batteries on a hamilton bay remote control unit
    Before I break the darn thing, can you tell me if the back panel comes off or if I have to unscrew the top and bottom screws?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2007, 10:47 AM
    Many remotes are different. If you worried about breaking try removing the screws.
    jettoney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 03:09 PM
    Why doesn't the Harbor breeze remote control reduce the fan speed?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2010, 09:57 PM

If everything else functions properly, the capacitors in the receiver are bad. Replace the receiver.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote Control [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan with remote. Model UC7030T. I am having trouble with the remote control and I would like to replace it. I understand that Hampton Bay is a Home Depot product. Can I get a replacement remote at Home Depot or is there a universal remote that I can replace it with? ...

Hamilton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 4 Answers ]

I have had this ceiling fan for about 6 years. Just last night I used the remote to turn off the light and fan, this morning it just stopped working. I replaced the battery, but still cannot get the remote to turn the light nor fan on. There's a light that lights up red when the remote is...

Ceiling Fan Remote Control doesn't work after I changed the batteries [ 4 Answers ]

I just changed the batteries in my Hampton Bay ceiling fan. Now the fan is running and won't respond to the remote control. The remote seems to be working properly. What do I need to do to get the fan and the remote to sync up once again?

Hampton bay ceiling fan remote control [ 2 Answers ]

I installed a ceiling fan 3 years back. Wiring would have been difficult as it is located in a cathedral ceiling and walls didn't have any existing electrical wires. I used a remote control for the light and fan. Recently, it stopped working. I changed the battery and the remote control shows...

Hamilton ceiling fan remote and wall control [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a hamilton bay ceiling fan equipped with a remote, Can I also install a Wall control unit to work with the remote? Are they compatible? Can they both be used with the same fan at the same time? (as long as they are on the same frequency?)

View more questions Search