Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fitz777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2006, 05:48 AM
    Blower motor problems
    Hello. I came home last night to find my ac had stopped working. The ac unit runs fine but the blower motor had stopped. I shut the system down and waited till the next day and tried it again. It worked great for about 3 or 4 minutes and then stopped again. The ac unit works but the blower motor just stops. Can someone point me in the right direction on what the problem might be ? Thanks for the help.
    sam.kumar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2006, 09:19 AM
    With the fan in on position, carefully, carefully give the motor a nudge. If it turns i.e.. runs then you have a bad capacitor, probably cost you under $10.
    Next step check the relay if you are getting 115V on the input side and a 115V on the output side. Relay will cost you about $20.
    Next check the contactor. 9about $5.
    If none of this works then you have a bad motor.

Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower Motor bad or what? [ 7 Answers ]

Howdy, My FURNACE/AC blower motor has quit workng. Checked unit... the squirrel cage fan spins smoothy, no bearing noise or roughness, when turned by hand. When I turn A/C on I hear A/C unit come on but fan doesn't blow. Same when turning on heating unit. Same response in 'AUTO' or 'ON' modes....

Blower Motor wiring [ 4 Answers ]

Blower motor has 4 wires +ground. 1 yellow 1 blk & 2 brwn(one with a small copper band on it) How is it to be wired to power? Which is common and which for speed? Thanks.

Furnace blower motor [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Climatrol Furnace, and it stopped working. I called a Heating Co, and the technician said that that the motor was bad, it's and old unit with Climatrol no longer in business. I might be able to find a used motor, but I really need a new furnace. After he left I was reaching in and I was...

Blower motor or capacitor? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi. Yesterday the blower motor for my central air did not initially come on when tripped by the thermostat. It did come on in a subdued fashion a few minutes later. When I turned it off after a minute or so, the motor shaft was quite hot and there was an electrical smell near the unit. The...

Blower Motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have read multiple posts about wiring for blower motors and saw one that almost answered my question. I have an old blower motor that I would like to convert to a shop air filter. I know that it is a multi-speed motor. It has 8 wire connections and are labeled as such: Power cap cap ...

View more questions Search