Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Raddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2011, 05:53 AM
    Writ of execution and writ of possession?
    I understand a writ of possession is complementary to a writ of execution. Under the law, a writ of execution prescribes after a number of years, say 5 years. Supposing the period to execute a judgment of the court has prescribed and the judgment was only partially executed as when for instance possession is yet to be awarded to the winning party, will a writ of possession be legally issued by the court?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 24, 2011, 06:08 AM

By "prescribes", I guess you mean something like "expires"?

Could be. It would depend on the statutes and, especially, upon the civil court rules wherever you are. It's not totally clear what is going on. Someone has a judgment, obtained a writ of execution, levied upon some asset of the judgment debtor, and needs a writ of possession to complete the process? Yes, as I say, it depends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between Writ of Possession and Writ of Execution [ 4 Answers ]

My question: What is the difference between a Writ of Possession and a Writ of Execution?

Writ of Execution? [ 5 Answers ]

I have received a Writ of execution in my state which is NC and I did make a list of exempt items, but I contacted an attorney months back and they informed me that it is highly unlikely that the plaintiff would come after my possessions, what should I do? Thanks

Writ of execution [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm confused I just got a letter from a credit company and got a judgement against me in court now I have this writ of exeucution I checked my bank acct. this mornig and I guess its frozenI can't get any money out of my acct. its seems frozen what can I do can the just take my money out of my...

Writ of execution [ 7 Answers ]

1) Is there a way to find out if a writ of execution was submitted to withdraw money from bank account? 2) I want to withdraw money from my 401 k to pay some debt down, if there is a writ can they touch that money ?

Writ of execution [ 2 Answers ]

Collection agency for a credit card sued and won the judgement. Writ of execution has been filed. Do not own any type of property and house is a rental. Question is: can my vehicle be taken away even though I don't own it, it is financed, the lienholder has the title. I understand about where...

View more questions Search