Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stuti gupta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2015, 12:29 AM
    Career advise in testing jobs
    Hi... I was working in a top MNC as a software tester (I.T organisation)... but due to some health issue and family problem I resigned my job after completing one year... now I am planning to continue with the job but due to my less experience I am not getting good oprtunities... kindly suggest me for my career..
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 3, 2015, 12:46 AM
    Astronaut.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 3, 2015, 01:20 AM
    Crash Test Dummy...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 3, 2015, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stuti gupta View Post
    Hi... I was working in a top MNC as a software tester (I.T organisation)... but due to some health issue and family problem I resigned my job after completing one year... now I am planning to continue with the job but due to my less experience I am not getting good oprtunities... kindly suggest me for my career..
    A lot can change in IT in one year, suggest you take a refresher course to up date yourself. Renew your certs
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 3, 2015, 10:02 AM
    You forgot to tell us how long you were out of the work force.

Your question makes no sense to me. Of course 'less experience' means you don't get 'good opportunities' - relative to others your age anyway. You get the same ones you got at the beginning, pretty much.
    If your health issues were ones that might turn off any employer, no matter how lowly the job, then don't mention them, unless you are contagious!
    Just say 'I had to take care of a parent.'
    The less said to explain gaps in work the better. Especially if they were mental health issues....
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 3, 2015, 10:35 AM
    I honestly don't understand what health issues would cause you to resign, and force you to start at the bottom all over again, however I highly suggest you get employment, and not for a career while you work out your career issues. In this way you can earn, gain experience, and have a more flexible base in the future to take better options.

Sometimes your best options are not the ones you want, but you have to start somewhere to get your foot BACK in the door to find a path to BETTER options. I highly suggest you take one of those not so good opportunities for now, just for a paycheck, and experience.

That's my suggestions for your career, because you have NOTHING right now, so anything is better than NOTHING right? You cannot build a future career off nothing, so go get SOMETHING.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need advise on choosing a Career! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi people, I'm 19 years old and I'm in HUNGER of a suitable career for me that I'll like! I'm basically a guy with high curiousity which looks like I have interest in a lot of topics equally, other than tpp scientific stuffs. I graduated from high school at 17, tried engineering but quited, now I'm...

Career aspiration in software testing [ 1 Answers ]

HAving 8 years of experience . What is your suggestion for my career aspiration in software testing field >Moved from Forum Help<

Seeking advise on giving advise [ 1 Answers ]

If you are sharing in a living situation with someone who you've found to be kind of a slob, i.e. not doing any cleaning nor taking care of personal hygiene, and it poses a health risk to both of you, how would you go about telling that person to cleanup? How can you tell another person that they...

View more questions Search