Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjj62 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 07:17 PM
    What are these "little pumpkin" like seed pods
    What plant are these "little pumpkin" like seed pods from?? They are about 1 cm in diameter. See attached photo.
    Attached Images

firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 02:46 AM
    Putka pods.. could be what your picture shows.
    Putka Pod,Apis,Orange Putka Pod,Twig Putka Pod,Dried Putka Pod

OR
    Sandbox Tree (Hura crepitans)-A Tree With Exploding Seed Pods
    Botanical Jewelry Addendum
    rexmo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2009, 09:18 PM
    These are indeed putka pods. The scientific name for the plant seems to be very elusive.
    The information on the link above is INCORRECT. Yingburing is the wax obtained from beehives in the Bhutan.
    Apis is the scientific name for BEES.
    Can anyone supply the scientific name for the plant that grows the "putka" pod?
    mussamatt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 11:19 AM
    I second the question! I think I just bought some from my local farmer's market in Michigan. They are fresh and not dried. They are larger than what I've seen so far for Putka pods. Roughly golf ball sized. Once dried they may indeed shrink to the size I've seen. What is the Latin name for these?
    maudite Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2011, 08:25 AM
    Eugenia uniflora ?
    http://toptropicals.com/cgi-bin/garden_catalog/cat.cgi?uid=Eugenia_uniflora
    maudite Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2011, 08:56 AM
    Actually no, there is only one seed in it, whereas in our "pumpkin" there are several.
    I speak poor English, I'm French!
    But I try!
    Marvina13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2014, 09:11 AM
    Solanum aethiopicum

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

View more questions Search