Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KRISTYLEENY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Odometer Problems
    Odometer problems with a 2005 nissian altimas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 7, 2007, 07:20 PM
    If your speedometer works, but the odometer and trip meter do not, you may have a continuity problem with the 3-P connector going to the Variable Speed Sensor (VSS) on the transaxle. There may be an open in one of the wires or a poor ground. With the ignition switch ON, there should be voltage to ground. If there isn't, an under-dash fuse may have blown. Here's how to properly check all under-dash fuses, without knowing which one goes to the VSS:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

Outside of checking for a blown fuse, you probably should take it to Nissan for service. This is not a common problem on such a new car.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Speedometer/odometer problem [ 9 Answers ]

I took my car in for new tires and a new battery. When I got it back, I discovered that neither the odometer nor speedometer were working. I raised this with the shop and they claim that nothing that they did could possibly have impacted the speedometer function. I find it rather too...

Ford KA Speedometer and Odometer Failure [ 1 Answers ]

Bizarrely enough the same speedometer problem that I have on my Honda Civic (see other post) has now occurred on my girlfriend's car... The car is a 2001 (UK spec) Ford KA. Both the speedometer and odometer fail to work at all. The petrol gauge and other instrument displays work as normal. I've...

Speedometer and Odometer Trouble [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 1987 Ford Falcon. The speedometer consistently reads 15km/hr under. Would this also make the odometer run slow or would it not likely affect the odometer? Thanks in advance, Pj

Wipers/odometer not working [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 98 Honda Civic DX that my windshield wipers and odometer/speedometer decided to quit working at the same time. We checked the fuses and they have not blown. They thought is might be The windshield wiper motor, but the odometer is not working either. I was told I am getting power. I...

04 Dodge Ram - pull fuse to shut off odometer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 and am trying to find out if the fuse is blown or pulled on the odometer/speedometer... will the internal computer still keep track of the mileage. I am concerned how many miles might be on the truck, since I have recently found out that the "friend" :mad: we...

View more questions Search