Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fia Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2006, 09:10 AM
    Need some help to lose weight..!
    Hi,
    I want some tips to lose weight so please give me efftive tips because I tried many of them doing.. I did many execersie and also started gym but no good result please help me...
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2006, 12:52 PM
    Hi, fia,
    One of the most effective ways to lose weight is by counting calories. A normal person only needs 2,000 calories a day (24 hours) to not gain or lose weight. How many calories a day do you eat/drink?
    You can buy a paper-back Calorie booklet at a Food Store, drug stores, etc. Or, there are calorie counters online.
    Add up what you eat and drink in one day. If it's more than 2,000 calories, then cut back to maybe 1,200 to 1,500 a day.
    You will lose weight!
    Best of luck.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 31, 2006, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fia
    hi,
    i want some tips to lose weight so please give me efftive tips because i tried many of them doing ..i did many execersie and also started gym but no good result please help me...
    There is a simple "secret" to losing weight. Burn more calories then you take in. Its really as simple as that. All the diets are based on that simple fact. So you need to limit your caloric intake by watching what you eat and increase your caloric burn by increased activity or exercise.
    SadButTrue Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

May 5, 2006, 09:49 PM
    Exercise
    Eat healthy & sensible
    Exercise
    Drink plenty of water
    Exercise
    Take a multivitamin daily
    Exercise
    fia Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2006, 08:31 AM
    Helloo,
    Thanks for the answer.. takecare
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

May 6, 2006, 09:00 PM
    Hi Fia,
    Also note that if you do any sort of weight training that you will probably not see a weight loss right away, as you replace fat with lean muscle tissue, muscle weighs more, but also helps give your metabolisim a boost to help burn more calories.
    gymnast6394 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 03:30 PM
    I would suggest going to mypyramid.gov and filling out a form there. They will tell you the amount of calories you should eat and how long you should exercise for.
    JessicaLoewe Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 28, 2007, 04:00 PM
    Hey like one person already told you that you can have 2000
    Calories and if you eat less then that you can loose
    Weight well I found a site which is really cool and it counts the
    Colories you can type in whatever you eat and it shows you the calories
    Well its The Calorie Counter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to lose A LOT of weight [ 19 Answers ]

Hello, My name is Sheena and in last two years I have gained about 90lbs,I swear I gain like 2lbs a week and my eating habits aren't that bad. I recently got a gym membership and have been going every day and I also ride my horse every day. I need some advise on what to get at the grocery store...

Lose weight [ 6 Answers ]

I weigh 56 kilos, and I'm 5 feet 4 inches. I know I'm not fat, but I have quite a big tummy. I mean again its not fat, but my ideal weight would be 50 kilos. I don't exercise really, which I know I should. My question is what are the right foods to eat to lose weight on my tummy?

Need to lose weight [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 18 years old and I have been trying to loose weight for a very long time!! I am very active as in walking and always running around with the kids I work with! But I never seem to loose weight! Almost a year ago I gained a lot of weight after my house my burnt down and never seemed too loose...

How to lose weight [ 8 Answers ]

I am 37 years old. My height is 5 ft 3 inches and I weigh approx 213 lbs. How long will it take to reach my ideal weight if I don't go overboard with dieting ? Also please tell me what is my ideal weight. I don't like to exercise. Also please tell me how many calories I should have daily in order...

Lose weight [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there expert buddy I have problem with my weight, I am 182 lbs.. I have a difficult time waking up in the morning. I used to dance belly dancing, but I stop it.. My friends told me to try to go to GYM, I insist that when I go to GYM, there are tendency that I cannot maintain my routine...

View more questions Search