Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2008, 08:54 AM
    Whitening products?
    Hey everyone!

I am looking for a teeth whitening product that I can purchase online that is fairly cheap.

Does anyone know of any good ones that actually work and aren't dangerous?

Thanks!!
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Have you tried Crest White Strips? They are safe to use and effective. I don't think I'd trust anything available online only. You want to be sure the product you are using has been approved by the ADA or CDA.
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2008, 05:13 AM
    Thank you Flossie (love the name!)

I have heard some negative comments on crest white strips along with any other store whitening products.

Do dentists perform whitening services and if so what is the cost?

Here is a link for you to check out. Maybe you can give me some insight as to if it is approved by the ADA or CDA. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Teeth Whitening Products
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Carbomide Peroxide is a safe product but the 36% solution scares me. If you are going to use this, be prepared for some sensitivity while going through the process. Before using ANY whitening product I'd suggest you brush for 2 weeks prior and the time you are using the whitening product with Sensodyne-F. Doing this will lessen the amount of sensitivity you experience.

The product in the link is probably not an approved product or they would have shown the ADA seal of approval.

If you do choose to go with this product, be careful not to overfill the trays as you don't want the whitening solution on the gums, just the teeth.

Dentists DO offer whitening products. A custom made tray and a kit of whitening product would cost about $375. You can purchase the Crest "Supreme" Whitestrips from a dentist for about $50.00 (these have been approved by the CDA and probably the ADA). There are dentists that offer "ZOOM" whitening for substantially more money but be prepared for LOTS of sensitivity.
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2008, 05:59 AM
    Thanks so much!

I think I will just stick to the professionals as you say.

What do you mean by sensitivity?
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2008, 03:28 PM
    By sensitivity I mean the teeth will feel the cold and possibly toothbrush bristles quite easily. It can be distressful for some.
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2008, 05:56 AM
    Sometimes when I chew hard foods my teeth hurt but it's not a burn hurt, almost like a quick shock. It gets so annoying and painful and when I get that I can't eat hard foods.

Is that what you mean by sensitivity?
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2008, 05:33 PM
    No, what you are feeling is like a crack. You should have your dentist take a look at it.

The sensitivity I mean is if you have something cold to eat or drink it will bother you, or when you brush your teeth the bristles from your toothbrush might bother your teeth.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2008, 10:07 AM
    Even when I brush my teeth, the bristles bother me too. When the bristles hit the tooth, it sends like a shock through out the whole tooth and it's quit painful.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2008, 03:14 PM
    OK then when you use a whitening product it will be worse. Start brushing with the regular Sensodyne (pink box) NOT the Sensodyne-F. The other thing you could do is call around to dental offices and see if you can buy a tube of X-Pur toothpaste.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2008, 03:22 PM
    I have used sensodyne before.

I get the sensitivity every once in awhile and it usually lasts like 3-5 days.

Can I get X-Pur at a store?
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2008, 05:17 PM
    As far as I know X-Pur is not available retail. Make sure you are getting enough calcium too as this can also make your teeth sensitve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Pursuit for whitening products that DO work [ 70 Answers ]

Hey everyone! I have been on the pursuit for beautiful fair skin. Not porcelain white but even tone, freckle free skin. So, if you have tried or are currently trying some products right now, do update us. NO FALSE TESTIMONIALS here. So lets go down to business. :)

Skin products whitening [ 2 Answers ]

Hi what product of lotion I used for whitening cause I have a lot of scars... how do ill remove and its not expensive... give me tip

Mixing skin whitening products [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought the godiva skin care product but was wondering what would happen if I was using that the whiteskin and makari products all at the same time? Does anyone know or would it just increase my chances of achieving an even skin tone? And I was wondering what makari products should I use to...

Whitening products and skin type? [ 13 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, Any one tried Diana Stalder whitening products share your experience thanks. Is it OK for dry skin? Any other recommendations for dry skin? Thanks in advance:)

View more questions Search