Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alazo Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Assessing How Well Companies Manage Their Receivables:
    Assessing How Well Companies Manage Their Receivables:

Assume that Hickory Company has the following data related to its accounts receivable:
    Net sales.. . $1,425,000

Net sales... $1,650,000

Net receivables:
    Beginning of year.. . 375,000
    End of year.. . 420,000

Net receivables:...
    Beginning of year.. . 333,500
    End of year.. . 375,000

Use these data to compute accounts receivable turnover ratios and average collection periods
    For 2005 and 2006. Based on your analysis, is Hickory Company managing its receivables
    Better or worse in 2006 than it did in 2005?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2008, 08:40 PM
    You should have the equations in your book for these ratios. Try looking them up and see if you can solve the ratios first. If you're confused about some aspect of the equations, please state what you are confused about. If you want to post your answers to be check, feel free.

The turnover is how many times the receivables get paid off during a year. An easy example is 12. That's recievables getting paid off each month, 12 times per year. Or, if you get 6, the receivables get paid off 6 times a year, or every two months. Remembering that receivables is how much your customers owe to you, do you think you'd want a higher or lower number?

Aveage collection period is like the opposite of turnover. The collection period in the above are 30 days (once a month) and 60 days (once every two months.) It's stating it as the number of days it takes to receive the money on average. Again, do you think you'd want a higher or lower number for this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Assessing an article [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have an assignment for Psychology where I have to write a critical thinking analysis and assessment on an article, related to the study of lifespan development. I am looking for suggestions on what topic I might gain the most from. I am open to anything! Just do not know what to pick for a...

Assessing the Packers and Patriots [ 2 Answers ]

Both teams, Packers and Patriots, looked very good, and have excellent quarterbacks. I was wondering about the competition: the Jaguars and Seahawks. The Jaguars had a lot more fight than I anticipated and the quarterback was superb for the most part. The Seahawks looked undermanned; and the...

How would you manage? [ 9 Answers ]

I am dating a guy who loves women & is very flirtatious. We have been together for a few months & he says he will try to improve because he does really like me, but it will take time. I am a pretty jeolious person & am quite insecure so I don't react well when I see him touching & flirting with...

View more questions Search