Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarathpathuri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 04:18 AM
    Do US universities accept IELTS?
    Does us universities accept IELTS instead of TOEFL,if so list the best of them.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2007, 04:22 AM
    IELTS is accepted by most Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand and South African academic institutions, by an increasing number of academic institutions in the USA, and by various professional organisations. It is also a requirement for migration to Australia and Canada.

For a list of the best universities, you are best to contact student organisations in the US.
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Oct 5, 2007, 09:19 AM
    I think same goes forTOEFL,is it accepted outside US and canda?
    safibaig Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 02:08 AM
    IELTS is mostly preferred in European, Canada and Australian universities. In US also many universities prefer IELTS if you don't have TOEFL scores. You can see the complete list of these US universities at
    Latest University Rankings
    Diku Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 03:35 AM
    Please kindly inform me the US universities who accept the ielts for the management faculity
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Feb 10, 2008, 09:21 AM
    Well for most of the US universities ,what I have heard is that they accept only TOEFL but I think they might also consider IELTS in somecases. For this you will need to ask the registerar or the faculity members of that university you are applying to.
    venu536 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 10:48 PM
    Sir,
    I got IELTS score 5.5 and I need to confirm that ,will US universities accept the ielts test and also with this 5.5 band in ielts.please reply me soon .

Thanking you Sir
    venu536 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 10:50 PM
    Sir,
    Which Us universities will accept IELTS

Thanking you Sir
    khilker Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2008, 09:01 AM
    IELTS.org publishes an annual list of all the American universities that accept IELTS scores. The current list contains over 2000 schools. 2-year, 4-year, and Graduate schools are all listed separately, so be sure to review the list appropriately.

At time of writing, this list was current as of September 2008.
    http://www.ielts.org/pdf/USA_Recognition_List.pdf
    Chaulke1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2009, 10:30 AM
    Northern Kentucky University accepts IELTS scores.

http://oiss.nku.edu
    Northern Kentucky University Home Page

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I accept money not that's not mine? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I don't know if I am in big trouble with US LAW or not. Last year in May, My chat friend said she chatted with this new person and he said he needs help wiring the millions of dollars his Egypt bank found after a famous CANADIAN couple died in AFRICA 3 years ago, or else the bank would take...

I don't know how to accept his sexuality. [ 8 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for over a year now, and just recently he opened up to me about his sexual past. He told me early on he had one boyfriend before me, but he told me that was a one-off at a party that carried on and they did nothing sexual. He admitted he lied and told me that he had 2...

Refuse to accept payment [ 1 Answers ]

I don't have any health insurance. I went to the hospital and now I have a bill. I called them to set up a payment plan of five dollars a month, cause I currently don't have a job, and they said it has to be a minimun of twenty dollars or they won't accept it. My question is, by not accepting any...

Just can't accept I have lost my nan [ 8 Answers ]

I am 23 years old and have always been really really close to my grandparents, I saw then nearly everyday and lived with them for over a year. Last year I went to mallorca to work and I had only been there a month and my grandad was diagnosed with lung cancer and died within 4 weeks. I went home...

Ielts [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, I want to give IELTS Exam, can anyone please tell me some web links of practical tests and guides for preparation for IELTS. Thanks noonari

View more questions Search