Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Jul 26, 2010, 03:14 AM
    Assessing value on collectibles
    Maybe I already know the answer to this, but an expert would truly know. I am updating my renter's insurance and want to make sure that what little I have (if any) of value is properly insured.

My main concern is a set of dishes that I received from my Dad, that was my Mom's (not that old by years, only around 1962), a collection of Willow Tree Angels, and two Betsy Wetsy dolls that I had gotten in 1956.

I was thinking about replacement cost insurance for these items. Replacements Ltd. Has sent me a price list for the dishes and I went through that - making a list of all the pieces and what it would cost if I had to make a purchase. Was surprised at the total.

If I specifically get an upgrade on insurance for the three main items listed above, how do I factor in price increases? Is there a certain percent to allow for inflation costs?

Your advice is much appreciated and thank you for your help.

Check out some similar questions!

Assessing late fees [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have any idea if it is legal to assess late fees in the state of Michigan? What is the legal dollar limit someone can assess?

Assessing How Well Companies Manage Their Receivables: [ 1 Answers ]

Assessing How Well Companies Manage Their Receivables: Assume that Hickory Company has the following data related to its accounts receivable: 2005 Net sales.. . $1,425,000 2006. Net sales... $1,650,000 2005

Assessing an article [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have an assignment for Psychology where I have to write a critical thinking analysis and assessment on an article, related to the study of lifespan development. I am looking for suggestions on what topic I might gain the most from. I am open to anything! Just do not know what to pick for a...

Assessing the Packers and Patriots [ 2 Answers ]

Both teams, Packers and Patriots, looked very good, and have excellent quarterbacks. I was wondering about the competition: the Jaguars and Seahawks. The Jaguars had a lot more fight than I anticipated and the quarterback was superb for the most part. The Seahawks looked undermanned; and the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.