Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tank Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 08:54 AM
    Clothes dryer squealing - Beaumark 63390 449
    The dryer is squealing like crazy - it sounds like rubbing or slipping, and there's a definite rhythm to it. Last week we opened the inspection hatch on the back and moved the little belt wheel down the pole, which seemed to increase tension on the belt and the squeak went away - for a few days. It's back now.

According to Applguy in another question it might be the rear bearing (?) I was wondering if the repair is pretty much the same for any dryer, and I can't seem to find any info on this dryer anywhere - perhaps my google-fu has failed me. Au secours!
    Steamer19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 01:13 PM
    I just finished tearing my dryer apart. The cause of the Sqeak is the center bearing from the drum to the back wall mounting . There is a teflon washer on the stud which fits into the bearing cavaity and it was damaged. Also the bearing stud and the socket it fits into
    Are a mess. They will get a cleaning and I am looking for a high heat lub which can be used. Also I might add that the back of the clothe drum and in the area of the heating coil was plastered with lint. This is a fire hazard. I have given the dryer and removed parts a good cleaning using a shop vac. This is the second dryer we have had that developed the sqeak and it has in both cases the center bearing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clothes dryer [ 3 Answers ]

My kenmore dryer isn't getting hot to dry clothes

Clothes dryer [ 4 Answers ]

Dryer runs fine but doesn't heat Thermal fuse? Or heating element?

Gibson dryer squealing/squeaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gibson dryer that recently has started to squeak/squeal when it first starts drying a load of laundry. As the load gets dry the noise gradually gets less. Could this be a belt issue and is this an easy fix? Thanks for any info in advance:confused:

Squealing Maytag MDG3500 Gas Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 2000 Maytag MDG3500BWW Dryer (purchased new in 2001) Over last two weeks, noticed a squealing squeeking noise after startup, subsiding after 5 minutes, then intermittently getting noisey through drying cycle. With each dryer session, the noise gets worse till it is squeeking through whole...

View more questions Search