Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gatorjohn Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2006, 02:18 PM
    Senseon dryer won't start
    Senseon dryer model #GEX9868JQ1 will not start. Tried the instructions about putting the two blue wires together, no luck. Cleaned both sensors on back and checked vent, all OK. Any more ideas on what the problem might be. Thanks
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Oct 31, 2006, 04:55 PM
    Will it start, but then shut down after you release the start button? Or will it just not do anything at all irrigardless?

Nov 1, 2006, 11:11 AM
    Dryer does absolutely nothing! Had a problem several months ago with an E1 error. Unplugged dryer for an hour or so, plugged back in worked fine until this problem cropped up. Thanks for any suggestions.

Nov 1, 2006, 04:35 PM
    You can check the door switch, make sure its not damaged and its actuating properly. You might pull off the cover and check for any loose/corroded wires. Really it could be any number of things. But we'll start with the simple.

Nov 2, 2006, 01:14 PM
    Thanks, but still nothing. Light comes on when door is open, no corroded wires, etc. It seems as if there is no power getting to control panel for some reason. Changed breaker in main electrical panel, same result.

Thanks

Nov 2, 2006, 04:08 PM
    If you are comfortable using a meter, and electrical troubleshooting, you can check other various points. If your dyer is equipped with a belt switch, then it may have come open, you will also want to check the start switch, and voltage to the timer.

Set time on the timer, and press it to start, then check for voltage at the motor. If voltage is present at the motor, and the motor fails to turn, it could mean a faulty motor, or a capacitor. If you have no voltage at the motor when pressing the start switch, then you have a different problem, most likley in the startswitch/timer itself, or one of the various safety switches.

All things to consider, I also submit a word of caution: These test need to be done while voltage is being applied to the machine. Obviously, this can pose a electrical hazard if not carried out properly. Please excersize caution while troubleshooting and attempting repairs. You don't want to get zapped. If in doubt, call in service for backup.

I would also say, that you could have lost a leg on your 220 volt connection. But seeing as how you said the light is working, I doubt that is the issue, but you can check to confirm just in the event.

Nov 3, 2006, 01:41 PM

I would have no problem doing some troubleshooting, problem is none of the settings on the control panel function. It's as if there is no power getting to the panel itself. Only indication of power is light comes on in drum.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Senseon dryer won't start [ 13 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Senseon electric dryer (model GEQ9858JQ0, same as in another post - "Whilrpool dryer keeps shutting off" from 2/9/06). It's about five years old. The dryer worked fine until today. We ran several loads through it just fine today, then it wouldn't start when pressing the Start...

Senseon dryer door won't stay shut [ 1 Answers ]

My Senseon dryer door will not stay shut! I have had numerous clean cloths "go bad" because the dryer door won't stay shut. Earlier in the year Whirlpool sent some part out that was supposed to help but it hasn't. I ready to by some good ol fashion strong tape to hold it shut. HELP!

Whirlpool senseon dryer kicking off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Senseon electric dryer and it keeps kicking off with a error code of E1 does anybody know why? The manual only says to contact a repairman.

Whirpool Senseon Dryer not drying [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I have an electric Whirlpool Senseon dryer that's 6 years old. In the past 6 months the dryer has been taking much longer to dry. I have an appliance warranty through our local utility. I've made a call and they have dispatched one of their contract appliance repair contractors...

Whirlpool Senseon Dryer Blower Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old Whirlpool Senseon Dryer Model GEW9868KQ1. The problem is that the Blower that is attached to the motor shaft is just dangling on the shaft. I can lock the shaft and rotate the blower either direction and it will not loosen or tighten. It almost seem like it is attached to the...

View more questions Search