Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mbya777 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Feb 23, 2006, 04:53 PM
    Black Skin??
    Well I'm a girl, and I have brown skin, (african!) and I was just wondering if any others have tried tanning their skin to get a one golden colour all over, does any other black girls or men know if this works, or if ANY ONE DOES regardless of colour could help answer this would be helpful.
    I also want to know if using tanning creams will work lol!
    I know just a general question that I thought I would like to know, especially with summer coming up I wouldn't mind having one complete colour all over would be nice
    Think about it! Also kind of embarrassed walking into a tanning shop being black and all! Lol
    :D
    nonso Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2006, 04:25 PM
    Mbya I have heard that mixing pure honey in moisturizers gives brown skin a uniform bronzy tint,especially after sun exposure.Its an old housewives tale but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 27, 2006, 01:19 AM
    Mbya777, I'm not black, but I have some knowledge in skin care. Tanning stimulates cells known as melanocytes, which make a brown pigment called melanin. The melanocytes respond to the sun by making even more melanin to protect your skin from the sun. Different people have different amounts of melanin in their skin. Those with a Northern European background tend to have less melanin and be rather pale, whereas people with dark brown or black skin, like many people from Africa, have more. If a person with brown skin tans, the ultraviolet rays will produce more melanin and it will make the skin darker. Sun tan lotions will not work on people who have naturally brown skin. There's a sunless tanning technique called airbrushing, which you will find in tanning salons. The airbrushing technique applies easily and sprays on as a mist which absorbs immediately into your skin. They have a variety of shades to choose from. I think brown skin is beautiful, but if you want a golden brown color, your best choice would be the airbrushing technique.
    mbya777 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2006, 03:35 AM
    Wow.. I'm actually impressed... the airbrusing teqnique sounds quite interesting... I think for the summer I will be doing that... don't get me wrong I love my skin and everything but just to have a bit more of a golden look lol!
    Thanks for your help... your all amazing!
    mimi4eva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 02:46 PM
    Hi I'm just wondering, I got brown skin as well however I am abit fair and plus some of my skin is darker than the other places such as my legs does not have the same colour so can I use the Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs? And please don't get me wrong I love my skin colour and I just want to all my body the same colour especially my legs.lol

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's The Best Lightening Cream For Black Skin So Far [ 8 Answers ]

. Was Wondering What's The Best Lightening Product, Is It... 1, Fair And Flawless 2, Makari, 3, Godiva 4, Clear Essence 5... Name Da Rest

Black Soot [ 7 Answers ]

Checked my gas furnace filter and found it to be totally black. This condition occurred a few months earlier this year. The filter is changed monthly,so there were two filter changes that appeared normal. Is my flue loading? The furnace is 8yrs. Old.

Skin lightner for African/African American/Black people? [ 46 Answers ]

Ok I am fairly new on this site and I am having a hard time figuring out what race is everyone. I am not trying to racist or anything. What works on other races doesn't work on black people and vice versa... With that being said... Hi, Im Amina. I was a mid brown color. Before going to college...

Black Lab Very Dry Skin [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 6 month old black lab puppy with very dry skin. Puppy dandruff shampoo does not seem to help. Any suggestions?

Black heads [ 3 Answers ]

I have lots of black heads or little hair like growths on my whole back & butt. Don't know what causes them. It looks so bad. Is there any thing i can do about it? I am so embarrassed about it. Edven my husband has a clean back & butt being a man.

View more questions Search