Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    calaski8123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 08:37 AM
    John Deere - My dog ripped the wiring Out - Need Wiring Diagram or photos
    I have a 3 year old L110 that ran fine until last week. I think my dog chased a chipmunk up under the hood and in trying to get to him ripped a bunch of wires out.

I have spliced back together the obvious wires (color coded) but I have one black wire that I assume is a ground(?) and the two wires that go to the solenoid. I have tried the solenoid wires both ways and the black as a ground and I cannot get it to turn over. If I jump the starter direct from the battery it turns so I know the problem has to be in the wiring. The switch for the brake pedal is in place, I had to put it back there.

Only thing I can think of is there is another wire I missed somewhere, my splices are bad, or I have them hooked up wrong.

1) Does anyone have a wiring diagram? I looked online but couldn't find one and when I called John Deere they said I'd have to buy a $100 book.

2) I know the shop manual is available on CD ROM. Sometimes there are pdf files floating on the internet. Anyone know where I could find it? It would probably have the wiring diagram too.

Thanks,

Jim
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Sounds like you need to speak with esquire1, he usually has access to deere info.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Hard to say without seeing the wires. I believe maybe one of the blk wires is not spliced correctly. The solinoid has 2 blk on one side and a purple on other. Doesn't matter which side they go to. You will have 1 blk and 1 grey from engine. 1 blk to ground. 2 blk with white stripe to relay. 1 blk goes into the plug on the engine plate.. Can you get a photo of wires posted and I can trace them for you. Also make sure all wires are connected inside the plugs. One may have gotten pulled out. Worse case you may need to purchase the upper wiring harness

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belt replacement diagram for john deere mod 68 rid. Mower [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone show me a diagram of the deck drive belt (blade drive) on a John Deere model 68 riding mower 30 in. deck? I choked it up and it broke the belt. I haven't dropped the deck yet, but looking with the deck both engaged & unengaged, the way the belt guards on the pulleys look, I can't figure...

Need wiring diagram [ 2 Answers ]

does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 12.5 hp murray riding mower 40. Inch cut.5 speed mod no.405011x92a mfg.date 3/18/2005 serial no. 753417751128657 I am 70 yrs old and need this badly can't afford a book thanks.

Wiring diagram [ 1 Answers ]

I am in need of a wiring diagram for power windows for a 2000 nissan altima. Is there anywhere that I can get one free of charge?

Wiring diagram [ 1 Answers ]

Draw a wiring diagram for a light that is contorlled by two 2-way switches and one intermediate switch. Assume that conduit and single cables are to be used. Can anyone help me with this?

Need wiring diagram [ 2 Answers ]

Need a complete wiring diagram for a john deer L120 lawn tractor with all the safety switches. Can someone help me out.

View more questions Search