Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hermis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2005, 11:40 PM
    No water from sink after installing dishwasher
    I live in a house that was built in the early 1900s so the piping is really old and I didn't want to chance breaking anything so I went the cheap way out and I didn't sodder anything. I took the hose off from my hot water and added a T pipe that screws on to where the hose used to be. Left side sink right side dishwasher. Problem is.. the dishwasher works but the sink doesn't! Even when the dishwasher shutoff valve is off it doesn't work. I tried replacing the hose from the hotline to the sink and to no avail still no water :(.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 30, 2005, 05:13 AM
    What you have done is disturb mineral built up on your pipe walls and draw it up into your sink faucet where it's now clogging the valve.
    First unscrew the aerator from the spout and check the screens. Turn the water on. If there's no flow then the inlet ports of the cartridge are clogged and the faucet must be opened up and the inlet ports cleared. To be more specific I will need the brand name of the faucet and it's age. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dishwasher... overflow on the sink [ 17 Answers ]

We just moved to a home and ran the dishwasher the first time today. The dishwasher is running fine except that water came out of the "thing" on the sink (the overflow? ) but its steady (not forcefull) when draining during both cycles. How do I fix this?

No hot water in kitchen sink or dishwasher [ 3 Answers ]

There is no hot water in the kitchen sink. If you let it flow on high for a few minutes, it gets tepid. I have felt the water in the dishwasher in the middle of a cycle and it is cold. The hot water is fine in the 3 bathrooms. We have tried flushing the hot water heater, but that did not help. Any...

Kitchen Sink, Dishwasher and Washer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my son was cleaning a fish tank and spilled gravel evidently down the bathtub drain, ever since on occasion the kitchen sink, dishwasher and washer back up into that tub, this will last sometimes for days then stop... then suddenly begin to occur again. Best ways to clear whatevers causing...

Installing Utility Sink in Basement Laundry [ 3 Answers ]

I want to install a utility sink in my basement laundry. Can I hook the drain into the Stand Pipe for the washer? Or, do I have to hook it into one of the other main waste stacks that drop from the main floor above?

View more questions Search