Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahuevo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2012, 04:21 PM
    I want to connect my headphone jack to my phone and connect bigger speakers
    I want to connect my headphone jack to my phone and connect bigger speakers on the other end is that possible? What I tried is cutting the head phone jack to normal headphones but the cable they have inside are confusing, some have three or even four. I just want to connect my phone directly to bigger speakers with nothing else involved. Is that possible or do
    I have to change something? Thanks
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2012, 06:52 PM
    What kind of phone is it (include make and model)? When yous ay that you have tried "cutting the head phone jack" please explain what you mean.

To help us better communicate, allow me to explain what a "jack" is. A headphone jack is actually the hole that you plug your headphones into, and not the connector itself.

I assume that the problem you might be having is that your phone does not actually have your typical headphone jack, and that it actually uses a 2.5mm connection for a wired headset/earpiece. Some more basic phones will use this smaller connection to plug in a mono earpiece and a microphone to use like you would a Bluetooth headset, except of course it's not wireless.

Without the make and model of your phone and a clarification of exactly what you are trying to do, it would be difficult for me to be of further assistance.

Jan 19, 2012, 10:39 PM
    Oh OK sorry I messed up so my phone is a,Samsung prevail by boost mobile. It uses the normal headphones I think its 3.5 I've bought normal headphones and,they,fit,right I know its not those,really small headphone jack . So what I want to do is to get a normal headphone plug and use just the plug the plug will go on the phone and I would like to connect electrical wire wire on the other end and connect two car speakers. I would like to just have the wire cable from the phone directly to the speakers but if not what else can I use no problem. So I remember doing this once and it worked. I used a plug from other headphones. And used a normal small cd player. I connected the plug to the cd player and used electrical wire to connect a speaker from a small stereo speaker and this worked. I remember listening to music
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2012, 05:50 AM
    If 4 wires, it may be a common, left speaker, right speaker and Mike.
    Is this for your vehicle or home.
    You might want to plug in something like a Jupirter Jack or transmitter that will send your audio to your Stereo.

Jan 20, 2012, 04:37 PM
    It is for home so there is no way to connect my phone directly to car speakers?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2012, 05:42 PM
    Can you tell more of what you have hooked to these speakers, or is this the only source?

Or how about something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ILUV-ISP110B...item1e699862a0

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect TV plasma to speakers? [ 1 Answers ]

What I have to do to conect a yamaha natural sound av reciver RX-V363 with speakers to a plasma LG 50"

How can I connect extra speakers to my Vizo T.V. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Vizo T.V. and would like to attach speakers for a better sound quality.

Name for wire to connect speakers [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Sony speaker system. The two main speakers connect with a cord with what looks like a square with four quadrants; does anyone know the name of this connection

Connect speakers to laptop [ 3 Answers ]

I have a laptop and a music mixer software in my laptop and I wanted to connect it to the speakers of my house. Does anybody know how can I do it?

How to connect home stereo speakers [ 1 Answers ]

I have just acquired a pair of Sharp stereo speakers that have an inbuilt sub-woofer. Each speaker has a separate set of connecting wires for the sub-woofer. Am I supposed to join the wires (positive to positive etc) and insert them into the same hole in the back of the stereo or should the...

View more questions Search